“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting CONTEST Thread ~ Hosts, Mike & Sally

Great idea. I had a friend give me three 55 gallon fish tanks in which I was going to do aquaponics never got to that. So I'll set them up and grab some duckweed out of the pond and get it started.
Since it needs a nitrogen rich envirornment, you might want to throw some goldfish or something in there. I was going to use the waste water from my water changes I do every month on my fish tank. But three 55 gallon tanks, that is a nice gift!!! Good luck!

Since it needs a nitrogen rich envirornment, you might want to throw some goldfish or something in there.  I was going to use the waste water from my water changes I do every month on my fish tank.   But three 55 gallon tanks, that is a nice gift!!!  Good luck!

I was wondering what would be a good source. Since it gets hot here gold fish in such a closed environment might not work. My pond was overrun with the stuff but harvesting it was a real pain and time consuming. This way I could have it right by the coops. Easy. :yesss:

3a7db68a394ec10712ffb959d7ba65a3.jpg

Last edited:
GOT my Aquarium lights installed so I can see in the coolerbators and have Lamp like use too!! Love them so much each cooler now has one!! WELL worth the $7. free shipping !!!!

wee.gif

A582-PN_Ah_0001.jpg
A582-3_0002.jpg

A582_0002.jpg
A582-6_0001.jpg
s-l225.jpg

48 LED White & Blue Light
Fish Tank Aquarium Water Plant Clip Lamp

48 LED White Blue Light 2 Mode Fish Tank Aquarium Water Plant Clip Lamp Light B2 CLICK HERE

• $7.54
  • Buy It Now
  • Free shipping

Description :
This is a LED Clip Lamp for aquarium lighting. Except for aquarium lighting,
the Clip Lamp can also be used for other energy-saving lighting.
FEATURE:
• Two Mode: All lights on and All lights off

• Recommended aquarium tank size: 12”-20”
• Soft arm can be adjusted by any angles and positions.
• It can be used for water plant and daily lighting

SPECIFICATION:
• 48 LEDs
• 40x white light
• 8x blue light
• Suitable for aquarium glass up to 5/8" (15mm) thick

• INPUT: 100-240V 50/60Hz
• OUTPUT: DC 4-11V 500mA
DIMENSION:
Light panel size: 7” x 1.65” x 0.47” (L x W x H)
INCLUDES:
1 piece of LED light

WORKS LIKE A CHAMP AND INSTALLED SIMPLE with some washers and a BOLT!

]

Here's a tip... If you want to acclimate your young birds for outside life add a small white light to your brooder and start turning off the heat lamp for a time slowly building up over a week until they only have the regular bulb. Thus way no dangerous heat lamp hanging in the coop for a few weeks causing fire hazards.

If you do have a sudden cold snap be sure you have 2"x4" s with the large side flat to offer sturdy footing on roosts and use a few heat pads set on low secured to the side of the coop. If they get cold they will snuggle near the SAFE warmth of the heat pads.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom