“Wild type” markings on an EB +/- roux?

MamaBirds_Quail

Chirping
Aug 25, 2022
What would you call that color? I agree that the chick looks like a Pharaoh, but she (I’m manifesting hens to help my ratio! 😂) is DEFINITELY EB, and likely roux given the color of her beak and legs.

My rosetta/Tibetans and my scarlet’s had much less pattern as chicks, only my falb, egyptian, and Italian chickies from that hatch had stripes.

Mama (a Tibetan) as a chick— front left and a pretty solid dark brown saddle. She also had pink legs and a mostly light beak that darkened later.
49092C36-0414-4015-8C6E-6E9273E8AEEB.jpeg

The chick center front was rosetta (was brown on black fain patterning), and the dark chick front right ended up being Tibetan/fee. The two in back are scarlett and had zero striping, the remaining on far left was egyptian.

My chickies: (sidebar: I’m handfeeding a parrot rescue so the goop on my finger is bird formula, I was trying to photograph their legs 😅)
7C4A9D66-D780-46C8-BE26-E0773D2C409E.jpeg

C08EEF3F-5B17-4A2D-AB16-11F5275DE992.jpeg

91F4FE45-4014-48A5-8161-296D13A1CED2.jpeg

Even the tuxedo chick has predominantly dark legs with just white toe tips which makes me think they’re Tibetan, and the overall darker one is VERY red which would make the likely roo/daddy my scarlett but do y’all see what I mean about the wild-type striping? Is that just a normal variation?

I do have a falb fee roo also who did look a lot like that lighter chick as a baby, just with light legs. Would EB/EB bred to a wild/fee produce a “Rosetta” with some wild patterning?

I don’t understand the polka dots on the darker chick either, but the genetics of that one seem more clear anyway, I’m assuming that’s what red range looks like as a chick.

Back
Top Bottom