⊰• BEYOND THE MOUNTAINS •⊱ A Fantasy/Adventure RP

((Yeah, and the lowlanders call the mountains themselves the highlands.))

Faolan stared blankly at Alexis for a long moment, then looked to Hannes, to Piper, and finally back to Alexis. His eyes growing wide, and slightly insane looking, as what the young woman had said sunk in, "Th-this is, this is the... Lowlands...?" He spluttered, forcing his aching legs to hold his weight as he pulled away from Hannes, taking a shaky step back.

Last edited:
((Yeah, and the lowlanders call the mountains themselves the highlands.))

Faolan stared blankly at Alexis for a long moment, then looked to Hannes, to Piper, and finally back to Alexis. His yes growing wide, and slightly insane looking, as what the young woman had said sunk in, "Th-this is, this is the... Lowlands...?" He spluttered, forcing his aching legs to hold his weight as he pulled away from Hannes, taking a shaky step back.
Alexis frowned and nodded "Yeah, of course. Where did you think you were, the highlands?" She asked, making a motion towards the mountains the river had flowed from. She said the last part half-jokingly since to their knowledge no one lived there.

"Only mountain lions and bears live up there!" Piper said in a scary voice, like she was telling a ghost story. "And the crazy people... criminals and the like. Nobody who goes up there ever comes back!"

Faolan breathed slowly, trying to calm his nerves, though his jaw was clenched, "I'm in the lowlands..." He half whispered, with the feeblest of laughs as he looked to the mountain peaks, just visible through the foliage. They were to the north, where as if he was in the highlands, they'd be to the south. Undeniable proof. Faolan looked back to the others, and said, his voice stronger than he felt, "I come from the highlands."

He knew that he shouldn't tell them, he had been raised in Gaoithe, the kingdom bent on protecting the lowlands and keep the highlands secret from them. But he had done wrong just by setting foot in the lowlands, and these people would think he was crazy anyway, so what did he have to lose?

Piper looked strangely at him, and not even Hannes had a smart comment to retort back... although he didn't have the same confused expression as Piper did. Neither of them were willing to call him a liar, given how he had shown up in the river dressed in armour, but it was the equivalent of suddenly believing that a fairly tale was true.

"Uhh..." For the first time, Piper seemed at a loss for words. "Well, uhh, okay... Are you going back there? What happens now? You aren't going to like... kill us or something are you?" She took a half step back.

Last edited:
((It's leather armor, just to let you know, think Celtic! :) though lowlands are more English, maybe a bit Irish.))

"What?!" Faolan was taken aback, "We aren't beasts, but yes I would like to go back," He breathed out slowly, shaking his head slightly in dismay, "Though, being that it is outlawed in Gaoithe to cross the mountains and enter the lowlands, I somehow doubt that they'll welcome me back, and just making back through there on feet would be almost impossible..." Faolan looked back to the mountains. Was that the last time I'd ever see my homeland? Please no, I'd rather have died in battle or drowned if I knew what the fates had weaved for me... He thought with a growing feeling of despair.

Alexis frowned in thought then shook her head and looked to her horse, petting the mare. She wasn't sure what to think of this turn of events."No one lives up there, they never have" She said softly then looked to Faolan again. It was difficult to get past that, though his speech and what he spoke of lent it'self towards belief

Piper continued to look skeptical, eyeing Faolan with a cautious and weary expression. With his leather armour, he did look kind of scary to her. "Well... In any case, you really should get into some dry clothes before you catch a chill. Enden isn't far from here, and you can ride Alexis' horse to my house."

Faolan watched Alexis for a moment, trying to decide if he should argue the truth with her. But then Piper spoke, and he looked to her, taken slightly aback to see her expression. "Thank you, Piper." Faolan replied in a subdued tone, then added, "And I want to apologize to you all for this inconvenience, I appreciate your help."

Back
Top Bottom