◇ Throne of Deceit ◇ (An Elemental RP)

Hycis grabbed the now skinned deer and took it to her campsite. Blood trickled onto the ground as she did so, leaving a trail of small red drops.

The place Hycis was currently living in was a rather damaged looking large tent she had had for years. It was more convenient than living in a wooden structure, given the fact she would move all the time.
Carefully stepping around the hidden squares of wood impaled with sharp, upward-facing pieces of metal, Hycis safely made it to her so called home and set the deer down. Given the fact she was only one person with no way to preserve meat, Hycis would have to get rid of some of this deer and cook the rest all today.

Cutting away the desired meat, Hycis cooked it and ate a small portion before putting the rest in a small cloth bag to carry with her. She then took the uncooked meat and stood, ready to take it a far distance away from her campsite. If only she had a dog to eat this all, but she didn't want to have to take care of anything besides herself.

As Hycis walked, she noticed something that looked like a house a far ways away. But she definitely wasn't near any villages or towns, so her curiosity drew her closer. 
When she was close enough to properly see the home, she set her deer behind a tree and climbed up so she could remain unseen but still have the ability to examine this thing. There was light coming from the windows, so she had pretty much confirmed someone lived there, but why? Who would want to live all alone in this place when they could manage to show their faces in public?

'Oh well.' Hycis thought to herself. This place didn't look like much, and there probably wasn't a lot to steal, but at least it was something, right? If someone currently lived here, it probably couldn't hold more than one person, so it couldn't be too dangerous.
Hycis continued to hide in the tree as she pondered her options.

As the sun started to set Jahab went outside one last time to collect some kindle to keep the fire burning through the night. He repeated the task of hauling several logs to his house and splitting them in half for the final time today. He picked up the wood and took inside where he threw in the fire place to burn. He put a metal fence in front of the fire place to keep the flames and embers from getting out of control. Jahab picked up his empty bottle and headed outside and down the river that wasn't too far away to fill it.

As the sun started to set Jahab went outside one last time to collect some kindle to keep the fire burning through the night. He repeated the task of hauling several logs to his house and splitting them in half for the final time today. He picked up the wood and took inside where he threw in the fire place to burn. He put a metal fence in front of the fire place to keep the flames and embers from getting out of control. Jahab picked up his empty bottle and headed outside and down the river that wasn't too far away to fill it.
Hycis watched the man leave and anxiously waited until he was out of sight before she hopped down and approached his home. She just wanted some cloth, knives, and candles mainly, which were all common household items. So hopefully this place had all of those things.

Walking up to the door, she gently opened it with the goal of staying as quiet as possible. She cringed as the door creaked, but she was pretty sure the resident of this place was too far away to hear.
Entering the home, she quickly looked around for anything that would be useful to her, knowing that she would have a very limited amount of time before she'd have to leave.

Hycis watched the man leave and anxiously waited until he was out of sight before she hopped down and approached his home. She just wanted some cloth, knives, and candles mainly, which were all common household items. So hopefully this place had all of those things.

Walking up to the door, she gently opened it with the goal of staying as quiet as possible. She cringed as the door creaked, but she was pretty sure the resident of this place was too far away to hear.
Entering the home, she quickly looked around for anything that would be useful to her, knowing that she would have a very limited amount of time before she'd have to leave.

Jahab got took a quick five minute walk down to the river and filled his bottle. He held the metal cup up to his mouth and took a sip. He felt the cold river water trickle down the back of his throat and quench his thirst.

He stood up and looked back in the direction of his house. " Somthings off " he said to himself in his deep and low voice.

He quickly headed back to his quit little shack. When he got there he saw the front door was open. He quietly walked towards the house trying to catch anyone inside off guard. He pulled his axe out of the stump and held it in his right hand and created a ball of fire that he held in his left. " Who's in there? "
He bellowed as he cautiously approached the door.

Jahab got took a quick five minute walk down to the river and filled his bottle. He held the metal cup up to his mouth and took a sip. He felt the cold river water trickle down the back of his throat and quench his thirst.

He stood up and looked back in the direction of his house. " Somthings off " he said to himself in his deep and low voice.

He quickly headed back to his quit little shack. When he got there he saw the front door was open. He quietly walked towards the house trying to catch anyone inside off guard. He pulled his axe out of the stump and held it in his right hand and created a ball of fire that he held in his left. " Who's in there? "
He bellowed as he cautiously approached the door.
When Hycis heard the voice she froze, looking towards the entrance.
She didn't dare make any noise, hoping that he would possibly think there really wasn't an intruder in his home. Instead she slowly walked towards a window, wanting to break it and leave this place. If she wanted to steal anything, she'd just wait until later. This was a really bad idea.

Hycis looked desperately to the window now that she was close enough to break it, barely breathing so she could stay silent. She was right up against the wall, hoping that if he came in she could remain unnoticed for a time.
Nervously glancing at the entrance once more, she held up her balled up fist in the air, ready to punch the glass.

"Don't you have more important things to do than take care of your whipped dog? " Snapped Zahir." Do you actually think she will do better in your care than the doctor's?" He threw up his hands in agitation. " Fine, whatever, yer Majesty. I'll have her dumped on your bed if that's what you want. But if she does die, that's all you, honey. I'm not denyin' that there may be some internal bleedin', she managed to take it rather well for a while." He grinned, looking Divinity in the eye again, knowing she probably hated him very much right now. He gestured to the soldier as she was about to exit the door. " Hey, Queenie wants the girl on her bed. Go ahead and put her there."
" Yes, sir," grunted the soldier, through gritted teeth. Hefting the maid up and over, she was laid out on the bed.
"Stand by outside the Queen's quarters until further notice," barked Zahir once the maid had been left on the bed. The young soldier hustled to her post outside the door, standing watch.
Zahir turned to face Divinity, coming close enough to make her feel uncomfortable. " It was very nice of Damon to give me a chance to make your acquaintance, yer Majesty. I'm sure we'll be seein' each other again real soon." He lingered just long enough to make things really uncomfortable before turning to leave her. He wanted her to be alone with her thoughts to let everything that had happened soak in real good. He half waved at her as he left, shoving his other hand into his pocket to fiddle with his baton. He'd have to clean that later, he thought.

Divinity remained silent. When she was young she had had a great interest in doctors, and had spent most of her childhood secretly aquiring knowledge about how to increase the healing of wounds and sicknesses ever imagined. She was glad that had been kept a secret, she rather prove Zahir wrong when the maid lived, let him think she had preformed a miracle. Instead she returned his glare with her own. Waiting until he left, Divinity busied herself with gathering supplies that would be used to clean and sew the maid's wounds.

When Hycis heard the voice she froze, looking towards the entrance.
She didn't dare make any noise, hoping that he would possibly think there really wasn't an intruder in his home. Instead she slowly walked towards a window, wanting to break it and leave this place. If she wanted to steal anything, she'd just wait until later. This was a really bad idea.

Hycis looked desperately to the window now that she was close enough to break it, barely breathing so she could stay silent. She was right up against the wall, hoping that if he came in she could remain unnoticed for a time.
Nervously glancing at the entrance once more, she held up her balled up fist in the air, ready to punch the glass.

Jahab took a few more steps towards the house. " Come on out! " he yelled

Jahab took a few more steps towards the house. " Come on out! " he yelled
Hycis sighed quietly as she thought about her choices. If she did break this window, there was a chance that he would easily catch up with her, what with the size of the house and the fact that there wasn't much to go around before he reached the window. And if she did run, she would probably be attacked instead of having a chance to lie.
Moving away from the window reluctantly, Hycis decided it would be a better idea to show herself and lie to him.
She approached the entrance slowly, looking to Jahab with a disdainful look in her eye and holding her hunting knife tightly.
"...You live here?" She muttered her question, now looking at the ground.

Hycis sighed quietly as she thought about her choices. If she did break this window, there was a chance that he would easily catch up with her, what with the size of the house and the fact that there wasn't much to go around before he reached the window. And if she did run, she would probably be attacked instead of having a chance to lie.
Moving away from the window reluctantly, Hycis decided it would be a better idea to show herself and lie to him.
She approached the entrance slowly, looking to Jahab with a disdainful look in her eye and holding her hunting knife tightly. 
"...You live here?" She muttered her question, now looking at the ground.

Jahab tightens the grip on his axe as Hycis stepped into the light.

" Yes this my home, so why are you in it? " he snarled

Jahab tightens the grip on his axe as Hycis stepped into the light.

" Yes this my home, so why are you in it? " he snarled
"Well, because...I didn't really think anybody lived in these woods." Hycis told him simply and sighed. "Should've paid attention to the fire, I s'pose. But I haven't encountered many people around here, let alone anyone who actually lives in this area, so can you blame me for thinking this was an abandoned place? Usually any structure out here hasn't been messed with for years. And I just passed by with a deer I was going to throw out, with no plan of seeing a house, so the encounter was purely coincidental." She looked to Jahab to see if he'd believe her.

"Well, because...I didn't really think anybody lived in these woods." Hycis told him simply and sighed. "Should've paid attention to the fire, I s'pose. But I haven't encountered many people around here, let alone anyone who actually lives in this area, so can you blame me for thinking this was an abandoned place? Usually any structure out here hasn't been messed with for years. And I just passed by with a deer I was going to throw out, with no plan of seeing a house, so the encounter was purely coincidental." She looked to Jahab to see if he'd believe her.

" Well someone does live here. Now you can leave. "

Back
Top Bottom