āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I assume they are live bearers. I worked in a fish rearing station. The trout are egg layers. We would "strip" the eggs from the females into a bowl of water and then "squirt" the semen from the males on top of them. This was followed by gently swirling the eggs. semen and water with one's hand before pouring them into a milk can and transporting them to the hatchery.

Yes, they were, and it is worth noting that would not work on most other fish :lau

The striping part...do you have to kill the female first?

I think you just kinda....squeeze 'em?

Yes, they were, and it is worth noting that would not work on most other fish :lau

I think you just kinda....squeeze 'em?
They have to be very close to laying their eggs. We wore special gloves so as to not harm the fish. One hand would hold just in front of the tail supporting the fish with that arm. Using the other hand, one would start at the front of the abdomen and using the palm side base of the first finger by feel to fit in the abdominal groove and gently push toward the tail of the fish. If the fish was ready to spawn, the eggs would flow out very easily.

:gig:gig:gig @BReeder!

@Texas Kiki you'll have to take me out of the poll/stats :hit no more baby quailies for me. I have to dispatch all of the 31 I have. It's taken soooo long to get my 4 different bloodlines :hit something about them is not agreeing with my body :hit

Hope you find your package @muddy75 :fl
Oh, no! Can you give them to somebody else instead of dispatching them all if you cannot eat them anyway?

:gig:gig:gig @BReeder!

@Texas Kiki you'll have to take me out of the poll/stats :hit no more baby quailies for me. I have to dispatch all of the 31 I have. It's taken soooo long to get my 4 different bloodlines :hit something about them is not agreeing with my body :hit

Hope you find your package @muddy75 :fl
Are you having like an allergic reaction to them? Breaking out in a rash?
Puking?

well we ended up having our cull day today! took out both the noisy cockerels (i saved out 8 more eggs to set) and I went ahead and took out 3 pharaoh males. yielded almost 1.5lbs! planning first quail dinner Sunday night! no eggs yet.....usps update said they departed cincinnati again at 4am this morning.......smh.....went ahead and messaged zack to let him know about the shipping screw-up. told postman to leave them on the porch if they arrive tomorrow or monday and i will grab them as soon as i get delivery notification

Oh boy.. It's getting weird in here :gig:gig

Yeah Kiki, itchy rashes :hit getting worse
We've hatched turkeys & chickens inside, and never had any issue. Them ratbag Turkey's lived inside the house for months! But there's obviously something in quailies my body doesn't like, even with them all in the garage.

I dunno how I am going to to process my 2 little white girls, they are my favourite :love

Sorry for everyone disasters overnight. Them boys can be real buggers sometime :rant it's easier to cull them when they are jerks!

Sounds like a busy spring hatching coming up!! It's amazing how early y'all can get eggs shipped. It's not like that at all Aus. I we are only at the beginning of fall and you cannot get fertile eggs of any sort anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom