➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

It's like the good old days, where this thread moved too fast for me to keep up. Plus, I had some company over, so I had to put down the computer for most of the evening.

@Ursuline Chick --Glad the little one are doing good.

@Nyla --Really cute pup and so, so glad that no one was seriously hurt in that accident. It's amazing really, to get side-swiped by a semi and come through it relatively unscathed.

Reading is awesome and I'm not going to judge what you read, as long as you read.

Ohh I got a puppy!!
I GOT MY PUPPY!!!!
Okay so last week I called him on the 8th and made an appointment to view the puppy and buy him on a Friday morning May 11th. He gave me his address. That morning (May 11th at 6:03am right as I had everything packed for the 3 hour drive!) he emailed me saying all pups were sold and he was not going to have anymore litters so it's best not to keep his information. I only checked my email before I lefted because my dad wanted his doctor's email that was sent to me printed out. That is how I found out about the news..
Well 2 days later his ad popped back up on CL. So I called him from my sisters phone and he said he still had 2 males left!!! So I was delivering a coop, pen, and 13 Muscovy's to a lady only 1 hour away from him, so I gave him a call when I arrived at the lady's house. He said he had one male red and white pup still available! I told him I wanted him and would be at his place at 12pm. First thing I said to the lady after Hello and introducing myself was price costs. I told her it's $150 for the coop, $50 for the pen, $300 for the ducks, and $70 for gas the moment she greeted us. She said that's fine. I didn't know she was going to make me build and move everything! The lady I was delivering for MADE my brother, father, and I move the coop (weighs around 100lbs) and the pen panels from her drive way all the way to the back of her property by the pond. It was about a mile away from her drive way. And not to mention it was hilly super wet grass!! OUR SHOES AND HALF OUR PANTS WERE SOAKED!! Then she made me build two extra panels for the pen and put up a snow fence roof on the pen!!! SHE ONLY PAID ME $300 for JUST THE DUCKS and then $60 for gas costs!!!! It costed me $80 in gas to get to her house, the pups house and back. She had a mansion with miles and miles of lade and small world champion dogs that travel the world and compete!!!! She also had 4 vehicles all 2018 models and a 2 mile long freshly paved driveway. She felt the need to walk me through her huge house and show me the inside. She had lots of cash (100's , 50"s, 20"s, 10"s) laying out on the counter top in the kitchen right as you walk through the door..... Well after we moved everything down by the pond, and I built the two new panels (one had a door on it) and put everything together including the snow fence roof. She handed me an envelope with cash. I counted it and it was only $320.. I said this isn't acceptable! She then gave me $40 more and said that is all she is paying!!!! That the coop isn't good quality and that I didn't build the pen the way she wanted!!! That she was only going to pay for the ducks and my gas no more.. SHe ripped me off!!! KNOWING the pricing of everything!!! I even wrote it all down for her before she went in to get the cash!!!! I was soo mad!!! My father and brother were too!!! I told her she owes me a lot more then $360. That she owed me for the labor of me and my family moving the panels, and coop, me building the new panels, and putting up the snow fence (which I brought as a kind gesture!!!!! and my zipties!!!)
She then said to me that she won't be keeping the coop nor the pen long, that it is only to keep them on her property till they know it's home. Then she will be releasing them to her pond and having the pen took down!! She said once she done with it, that I could come get it!!!!!!! I demanded more money or I'd call the police. She said "Go ahead" Cops won't drive up her long driveway anyways. Then she said for us to get off her property before she presses charges for trespassing!!! I called the police and they said there nothing they really could do unless I had the lady sign a payment contract stating she was to pay me that much money!! Otherwise all they could do is supervise us taking our stuff back.. I called her pathetic and a thief and left to get my puppy. Because if I didn't leave that moment I was going to miss my puppy pick-up appointment and go to jail. She later texted me saying "Thanks for all the stuff!"

But I have since cooled off and no longer care. I got my puppy and that's all I care about now! My little brother and father are still mad about it though.
Here is a picture of my puppy! He has some de-wormer on his face! The man gave me his pedigree and shot records!! I have to buy ABCA membership and pay for the transfer of ownership still. I didn't have to do this with my pup Nova. The person I bought her from did it for me. He is a blue eyes, red and white male! No name as of yet.

:love

Since My Female Border Collie is named Nova, I wanted the male to have a space name as well. I picked Sirius , he said no that it's too close to Miley Cyrus. So I picked Orion he said that it wouldn't match him. So I'm out of names. Do you guys know any space names for a boy?
Major Tom

These are pictures after the crash. It was a total of 13 car pile up. The car was my fathers. He was doing the payment plan thing rent to own? I don't know what it's called... But his car is totaled.
20180502_174357.jpg 20180502_174409.jpg 20180502_174415.jpg 20180502_174609.jpg 20180502_174614.jpg 20180502_174622.jpg 20180502_174649.jpg 20180502_174701.jpg 20180502_174712.jpg

Here is the car after being towed home for $145
20180504_101533.jpg 20180504_101538.jpg 20180504_101544.jpg 20180504_101547.jpg 20180504_101550.jpg 20180504_101555.jpg 20180504_101601.jpg 20180504_101605.jpg 20180504_101623.jpg 20180504_101627.jpg 20180504_101638.jpg 20180504_101641.jpg 20180504_101646.jpg 20180504_101652.jpg 20180504_101702.jpg 20180504_101729.jpg
Here is my baby and father after the crash when we got home the next day at 6:30am!
IMG_2203.JPG

I guess trying to find something the kids will read is better than not reading.
What they end up doing, though, is assigning things many kids have already read. I always thought part of it was getting them to step outside of what they'd usually choose and discover why certain stories are classics.

When I saw a copy of Lord of the Flies on the library sale shelves for $.50, I grabbed it. So, they've read that. And, they went through a phase where they discovered the classics section at the library and read things like Frankenstein, War of the Worlds, and Treasure Island. So, my kids are pretty well read for 12 -- they've been regulars at the library since they were 2.

What they end up doing, though, is assigning things many kids have already read. I always thought part of it was getting them to step outside of what they'd usually choose and discover why certain stories are classics.

When I saw a copy of Lord of the Flies on the library sale shelves for $.50, I grabbed it. So, they've read that. And, they went through a phase where they discovered the classics section at the library and read things like Frankenstein, War of the Worlds, and Treasure Island. So, my kids are pretty well read for 12 -- they've been regulars at the library since they were 2.
DD got her first library card at age 5, She was so proud, DH used to take her to the library every week, now she can walk the 4 blocks herself.

Back
Top Bottom