➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

If you don't mind, what the heck did you use the old couch for? :lau:lau
ETA: I have a picture of hens all relaxing on the couch.

It wouldn't fit through the gate, so I took it apart and saved the wood. Very nice oak wood. Too many staples though. I wound up cutting those off and tossing the ends. Serious staples.

@PirateGirl I do have a pallet garden fence. Works real good. Then the dog house (posted earlier) was made from 4 pallets for floor and roof. Working good. Coated it in hurricane blow down privacy fence pickets and called it rustic.

Last edited:
I wouldn't fit through the gate, so I took it apart and saved the wood. Very nice oak wood. Too many staples though. I wound up cutting those off and tossing the ends. Serious staples.

@PirateGirl I do have a pallet garden fence. Works real good. Then the dog house (posted earlier) was made from 4 pallets for floor and roof. Working good. Coated it in hurricane blow down privacy fence pickets and called it rustic.
Aren't pickets from fencing blown over by hurricanes great for use and nice rustic look. :highfive:

Look Irene, you are causing undue stress. I also never got the pequins.

The reason we waited was to process the meat birds so the tractor would be available for an isolation and growing pen. This tractor was made from recycled and repurposed shipping crates, old picket boards and dog food bags (tarps) torn open for weather protection. Worked great for the CX.

I also slapped together a Lumnah Acres $30 chicken pen from old picket boards and the old couch. New hardware cloth of course. So I have 2 options, if it stops raining this week. Until then, they are in the garage.

The broody is behaving so far.

Thank all of you for your support and understanding in these trying times in accordance with the prophecy.
I peed. Poor ole Grampy Nutty used a couch!!!! Hilarious.

Now I'm going to insist the. Mex let me bring home an old on the side of the road couch so I can take it apart to see what I can turn it in to. :celebrate

Rustic quail cage that is 98.7 percent done.
Price...maybe 20 dollars worth of screws and washers and a little roll of HW cloth. The wood is priceless. The air conditioning drip pan roof is the icing on this cake.
IMG_20180522_185606.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180522_185606.jpg
    IMG_20180522_185606.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 3
Rustic quail cage that is 98.7 percent done.
Price...maybe 20 dollars worth of screws and washers and a little roll of HW cloth. The wood is priceless. The air conditioning drip pan roof is the icing on this cake.View attachment 1401203
You need quail in there!

I hope you get a better hatch next time, or find some locally

I peed. Poor ole Grampy Nutty used a couch!!!! Hilarious.

Now I'm going to insist the. Mex let me bring home an old on the side of the road couch so I can take it apart to see what I can turn it in to. :celebrate

DON'T!!!!
Little girl we know picked up a nice overstuffed chair from the side of the road. Only cost 2 bedbug treatments. :th for the whole apartment. Not worth it unless you know the source. Or put it in the front yard for 6 months. :gig

Back
Top Bottom