➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

It is kind of hard to see but in the video but you can catch it. I can try and get a better video of him alone later when I take them outside. In the pics, when he is standing you can see how the little feet are turned inward and slightly cross over. He often seems to be standing on his other foot.
IMG_3457.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3456.JPG

It is kind of hard to see but in the video but you can catch it. I can try and get a better video of him alone later when I take them outside. In the pics, when he is standing you can see how the little feet are turned inward and slightly cross over. He often seems to be standing on his other foot.
View attachment 1508641
View attachment 1508642
View attachment 1508643

I see it clearly here
Thanks.
They are too cute.
I can't believe how big they are already.

I feel sick to my stomach. I stepped on and killed a chick this morning going into the chicken yard. :hit

I came through the gate, saw momma huddled with her chicks on my right. I tossed as bit of the fodder to her and heard her call her chicks to it. I then walked towards my left looking at the chickens running towards me for fodder-time. Next thing I knew, Momma and her babies were right underfoot -- they ran to follow me, I guess, and I had stepped on one.

I feel so, so bad. I've spent so much time in the yard lately, making sure everyone was ok in the heat, and that none of the young cockerels were harassing the chicks, that mom and the chicks had gotten totally trusting of me and my big, stupid feet. I can't believe I didn't look down and be more careful. I am such an idiot. Poor mom lost a baby because of me.

It's a horrible feeling when you make a mistake there is no way to make right again.

I'm so so so sorry but don't fret to much, no matter how careful you are things still happen. It's part of life, everyone experiences chick casualties at some time.:hugs:hugs

We’re home from the vet. Blood work came back as normal, vet thinks she probably had a mini-stroke. Thank you all for the prayers. :)

So glad that the blood work came back normal and your pupper is doing better!!:hugs

Once I find out that I have both male and female quail I'll be set for life.
No worrying about shipped eggs or having to try to find homes.
I couldn't be happier!:celebrate

Same for me! I'm going to be overrun with quail soon :oops:

And I will be growing my very own food.
That is extremely cool to me.

And a plus to quail eggs is that they have more nutrition then chicken eggs.

I feel the ugly stage coming on quick.
Today makes one week and the dummies are still inside!:confused:

View attachment 1508571 View attachment 1508572 View attachment 1508573 View attachment 1508578 View attachment 1508580

I think you might just have to keep them inside for a couple more weeks ;)

I'm so so so sorry but don't fret to much, no matter how careful you are things still happen. It's part of life, everyone experiences chick casualties at some time.:hugs:hugs

So glad that the blood work came back normal and your pupper is doing better!!:hugs

Same for me! I'm going to be overrun with quail soon :oops:

And a plus to quail eggs is that they have more nutrition then chicken eggs.

I think you might just have to keep them inside for a couple more weeks ;)
Weeks?
:barnie

Kiki! You are bad! Shame shame!

Sorry everyone for the excessively gory nightmare story, btw. Maybe this one was too much for BYC. It just always pops in my mind when I hear any related subject matter.

I slept just fine. It was appropriate. If it was me I would have shared it too.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom