➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

The lavender... probably a porcelain d'uccle if it came from bantam bin. Congratulations on the babes!:celebrate

It did come from the Bantam bin. That's what I was thinking. Time will truly tell as they are just wee ones. I have read that it is an itty bitty. Like mature weight is like 2lbs. I hope I can integrate them with the others ok. I have a ways to go before they get to that point tho. And Thank you!

How can your mother bear having such a disappointment for a child?
Who eats cheese curds with GRAVY?! :sick
Here in Wisco we always eat them plain, as fresh as possible; when they still squeak.
Either that or we eat them in the way of our state specialty; deep fried in beer batter. Served with ranch. Always. :drool

You don't just love a big bowl of fresh curds? All squeaky and bouncy?
iu
You are my newest favorite person. :) Welcome, dear friend.

It did come from the Bantam bin. That's what I was thinking. Time will truly tell as they are just wee ones. I have read that it is an itty bitty. Like mature weight is like 2lbs. I hope I can integrate them with the others ok. I have a ways to go before they get to that point tho. And Thank you!

If it came from the bantam bin I'm sure that's what it is. Even if it didn't I'd assume they tossed a bantam into the wrong bin lol. They are very small when grown and lay tiny eggs. I have two duccles but mine are Mille fleur not porcelain. They are by far the smallest chickens I have but they integrated with my adult birds with no problem. No one bullies them either. They have got so much attitude it's not even funny. I've been thinking about building a separate space for my bantams bc some don't do so well with the big girls but if I do I may leave the d'uccle with the big ones bc they hold their own like no other. And also...Be prepared for the odd noises they make. They tend to sound different from other birds lol.

Who eats cheese curds with GRAVY?! :sick
Here in Wisco we always eat them plain, as fresh as possible; when they still squeak.
Either that or we eat them in the way of our state specialty; deep fried in beer batter. Served with ranch. Always. :drool
Normal people. That's who. Ranch?! You psychopath!

If it came from the bantam bin I'm sure that's what it is. Even if it didn't I'd assume they tossed a bantam into the wrong bin lol. They are very small when grown and lay tiny eggs. I have two duccles but mine are Mille fleur not porcelain. They are by far the smallest chickens I have but they integrated with my adult birds with no problem. No one bullies them either. They have got so much attitude it's not even funny. I've been thinking about building a separate space for my bantams bc some don't do so well with the big girls but if I do I may leave the d'uccle with the big ones bc they hold their own like no other. And also...Be prepared for the odd noises they make. They tend to sound different from other birds lol.
:goodpost:
I cannot second this enough.
They sure have attitude lol; my hen talks back to me on the daily. And they really do hold their own. My little cockerel used to regularly try to take on my 12pound standard hen.

Back
Top Bottom