➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

I am sure there are some hawks, snakes and cats that would agree with you. Me, not so much.

I've heard good things about guinea pigs. Do you have a favorite recipe? :)

Lol they wouldn't think they're adorable, they would think dinner!!

And lol they're too cute to ever eat!!

Well, I called the Atwood’s just for confirmation that they had the ducklings and the man who answered the phone said “No we only have yellow and brown ducks”. I said “Oh, okay thank you -“ and then he HUNG UP on me as I was saying it. :he So frustrating
If some of the yellow are gold tinted, they could be Saxony. I have a saxony drake that is small like the Cayuga and is a gorgeous buff with blue tinted feathers. His name is Morgan.
Here are a few photos from this morning...the first two photos show Morgan and the flock with which he lives...the Cayuga cross and Pekin. The khaki colored is his daughter that had the broken leg as a duckling. Her mom is a Pekin.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

And here is the hatch from this year...all grown up and laying eggs now themselves. On the move after opening the coop...hard to photograph with my IPad. Cayuga/Pekin cross, Pekin/Saxony cross, Pekin and there are two Blue drakes and you can spot the crests on a few.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I fired the foundation guy. He kept not showing up when he said he would, without bothering to call. The only thing he had left to do was pour a concrete floor in the crawlspace.

I've got to figure out how to assemble the main beam for the house and get it in place before Monday. I don't think the snow will stop the house being rolled onto the foundation :fl
Hate people who do that....not show up! Who will pour the concrete for the crawl space? Doesn't that need to be done before the house is moved?

Hey guys I'm back:D
What happened with Kikis quail. I have 12 quail now and I'm hatching 10 of my own eggs, due on monday
Woot! We ate three males. Best meat I've ever tasted. I tried to set some eggs last week but I don't think any were fertile. I am getting fertile eggs now but only two are laying. I'm waiting until a few more start laying before I set again.

Last edited:
Woot! We at three males. Best meat I've ever tasted. I tried to set some eggs last week but I don't think any were fertile. I am getting fertile eggs now but only two are laying. I'm waiting until a few more start laying before I set again.
:wootWe have seven males that we are getting ready to eat, we are keeping the four females and one male, the first quail I've ever hatched. Three females are laying, out of setting 13 eggs only one was not fertile (and two died) so I'd say the male is doing pretty good:gig

:wootWe have seven males that we are getting ready to eat, we are keeping the four females and one male, the first quail I've ever hatched. Three females are laying, out of setting 13 eggs only one was not fertile (and two died) so I'd say the male is doing pretty good:gig
Woooottt! How do you cook them?

Back
Top Bottom