➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

If some of the yellow are gold tinted, they could be Saxony. I have a saxony drake that is small like the Cayuga and is a gorgeous buff with blue tinted feathers. His name is Morgan.
Here are a few photos from this morning...the first two photos show Morgan and the flock with which he lives...the Cayuga cross and Pekin. The khaki colored is his daughter that had the broken leg as a duckling. Her mom is a Pekin.
View attachment 1579521 View attachment 1579522

And here is the hatch from this year...all grown up and laying eggs now themselves. On the move after opening the coop...hard to photograph with my IPad. Cayuga/Pekin cross, Pekin/Saxony cross, Pekin and there are two Blue drakes and you can spot the crests on a few.
View attachment 1579523 View attachment 1579524 View attachment 1579525

Hate people who do that....not show up! Who will pour the concrete for the crawl space? Doesn't that need to be done before the house is moved?
Yeah. We're just going to switch to gravel

E66F2CFF-07E2-4662-9A5B-6C4094465F8E.jpeg
23C39003-CCB5-4BB3-ADFB-3805BEB843FE.jpeg
Pumpkins anyone? Soup, pies, empanadas, fried mash or any other.

I'll be there in 10. Have the oven ready :D

GREAT! We are leaving for 2 weeks in 10 days. If you can finish processing them before we get back, we would REALLY appreciate it. :D

Pumpkin and chicken soup is not only wonderful, but filling and satisfying. Starting the first pot now. I wonder how a scrambled egg on top would go. Hmm.

Crazy Lady requested roasted seeds then declined to wipe the slime off them. Some people! I wonder if I can roast them with the slime...

Back
Top Bottom