➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

I've tried a cup before but they always ended up flipping it. Maybe my problem is using plastic throwaway cups. I don't want to use good drinking cups for dirty birds.:oops:
Has to be a heavy cup..
To be honest I just did with first turkeys... and became attached to the bugger.. made it hard to harvest... I have been just culling now

I've tried a cup before but they always ended up flipping it. Maybe my problem is using plastic throwaway cups. I don't want to use good drinking cups for dirty birds.:oops:
The cups will wash just fine. My father was the same about letting a dog lick a plate. He absolutely did not want to eat off of the same plate that a dog had licked clean no matter how many times you washed the plate.

Hi all :frow It's been a busy past few days. Tried spending as much family time with my son as I could. He arrived in boot camp last night. Well, kinda. They have them staying at a hotel outside of the base for a 14 day quarantine. We are officially empty nesters and it hasn't even sunk in yet. The eggs that I had Daisy sitting on were duds. :hmm I gave her 3 eggs that I know for sure are fertilized so we have started over. :fl

I decided to abandon the body wrap. The chicks looked miserable and were on their sides when I went to check. These little 1 cup pyrex bowls seem to do the trick. One chick is already able to stand up (if shakily) and is trying to jump out. I lined them with paper towels for traction and absorption. I'll just run them through the dish washer on sanitize.
IMG_0434.JPG

Has to be a heavy cup..
To be honest I just did with first turkeys... and became attached to the bugger.. made it hard to harvest... I have been just culling now
Since I'm hatching so many, they kinda disappear into the rest of the flock after a while. The only chick I've helped that I can tell apart from the rest is Robinson. He'll probably end up being a main flock rooster if I don't use him for breeding (he'll get culled if he turns into a snot).

Back
Top Bottom