➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Columbine
full

Harison's Yellow Rose
full

full

full

Rudbeckia aka Black-eyed Susan
full

full

I had another chick hatch with similar issues late yesterday (this one needed help hatching). I switched them to smaller diameter cups because the bowls didn't seem to be working and they had their feet up by their ears. This morning all 3 have their feet under them in the cup. The last hatched chick is standing moderately well without the cup, but not quite stable yet. The other two don't have their feet as far out in front as yesterday, but they aren't there yet. Let's see how cup therapy helps them today.

IMG_0452.JPG

Hubby just went up to check mail. He saw and heard the turkeys and grabbed a video. They are quick and hard to see but you make out them rustling around. And you can definitely hear them. :love
When I was out chipping branches yesterday, I looked up during a repair break and spotted the Wild turkey hen watching me from the edge of the wind break.

Last edited:
I know of people who drink out of their cattle water troughs and kiss them on the nose to imbibe the good bacteria.
I only kiss my pretty cow on the nose when I'm absolutely certain DH isn't watching. (And then just because her pink nose is SO sweet. :love ) He is SUCH a germophobe that even his transplant doc was a bit bemused. He thinks he is keeping himself safe when actually, kissing me exposes him to a whole unseen world of tasty microbes.:lau Somebody has to do it, for his health. Doc says his immune system is all better now--good as new!:love:love:love DH does not believe this, however.:idunno

Anyway, it has been studied and concluded that folks with animals (the more the merrier--and I believe myself to be very merry indeed) have a far richer micro-biome than those without, and are generally healthier for it.

I only kiss my pretty cow on the nose when I'm absolutely certain DH isn't watching. (And then just because her pink nose is SO sweet. :love ) He is SUCH a germophobe that even his transplant doc was a bit bemused. He thinks he is keeping himself safe when actually, kissing me exposes him to a whole unseen world of tasty microbes.:lau Somebody has to do it, for his health. Doc says his immune system is all better now--good as new!:love:love:love DH does not believe this, however.:idunno

Anyway, it has been studied and concluded that folks with animals (the more the merrier--and I believe myself to be very merry indeed) have a far richer micro-biome than those without, and are generally healthier for it.
So I’m golden... I have chickens, quail, lizards, dogs, a cat, and bunnies.

Back
Top Bottom