⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

20240503_090639.jpg

Chicken combs look funny to me. Most of the chickens up here are bred for cold weather so the hens don't have much and the roosters have the flower combs or other types that are close to the head. It's nice to not have to worry about their combs getting frost bite.
It's mostly roosters that get frostbite on their combs. Too vain to stick their heads under their wings when it's freezing.

It almost seems like everyone’s having a bit of tough luck lately. My water heater guy just told me a story about how a few weeks ago he was taking a shower when his wife and MIL showed up at the house. He had gotten out of the shower to go grab something from downstairs and was butt-arse naked when he saw them approaching the door through the window, so he panicked- as he didn’t want his MIL seeing him in commando mode and he rushed a lil bit too quickly while going down the stairs…Tripped and fell head over heels, almost broke his neck and put a hole in the wall 5’ up where he landed. Guess what? His MIL still saw him naked that day.

ETA: We laugh about dumb things like this now because we survived to tell the story lol

Last edited:
Mine are due on the 5th.
I didn’t think mine would be hatching until this weekend but that one decided to hatch early. I lost 3-4 of them due to the power outage we had here and the rest were barely holding on for dear life before I put them under my broody chicken hens. There’s another egg that has partially pipped but got kinda smushed and looks like the chick is having some trouble getting out. I’ll pry be around here for the next few hours taking care of that.

Back
Top Bottom