⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

28°F here this morning.
Freezing Sesame Street GIF by Willem Dafriend

Wellington or Auckland would be your best bet for jobs. Neither are close to Rotorua, but still decent places. Weta studios and the Te Papa museum are in Wellington. I didn't visit Auckland when I went there.

It was nice but strange that the entire country has less population than the SF Bay Area.
I did find 1 forestry job in Rotorua that interested me, but it’s wintertime there right now and no guarantee that I would actually get the job or if it would be stable enough to support living costs. That’s what sucks…I feel like it would be taking a very serious gamble.

I did find 1 forestry job in Rotorua that interested me, but it’s wintertime there right now and no guarantee that I would actually get the job or if it would be stable enough to support living costs. That’s what sucks…I feel like it would be taking a very serious gamble.
You probably don't want to live in Rotorua itself. The thermal energy is nice, the people are nice, the town is nice, but it stinks. The thermal energy comes from sulfur hot springs.

You probably don't want to live in Rotorua itself. The thermal energy is nice, the people are nice, the town is nice, but it stinks. The thermal energy comes from sulfur hot springs.
Yeah, that’s what I’ve come to realise from others too and read some news recently about how they’re doing research on how it effects the people living there.

I love that there are ancient Redwood tree forests there though.

That’s something I have deep respect for.
It's not exactly ancient. 150 years old, I think? They were imported from CA. I remember visiting the grove in Rotorua and thinking that it smelled like home. The paths are attached to the trees, but very carefully so they don't damage the trees at all. I went during the day, but they have lanterns that would make it a neat place to visit at night, I think.

Back
Top Bottom