《Human After All》A Role Play

How many stars will you rate this role play with?

• Votes: 1 8.3%
  • ☆☆

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ☆☆☆

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ☆☆☆☆

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • ☆☆☆☆☆

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Nivea stepped inside the meeting room with Max's obvious approval and seated herself at the table. "I am Nivea." She then returned taking out her notebook.
her reply made me think of this :lol: )

"I assumed as much," Max said under his breath. He was about to close the door when he spotted Jaxson. "Here comes the man of the hour," he said louder, to alert Nivea.

Jaxson slowed as he neared. He prepared to say something but stopped. Excuses wouldn't be of little help, he figured. Max let him in and he took a seat at the opposite end of the table as Nivea.

Max closed the door after checking to make sure no one else was in the hall then resumed his previous seat. He didn't say anything at first, but simply observed the latecomer, who probably wasn't aware of the bloodstains across his shirt. Max cocked his head sideways and gave him a confused look, trying to place where Jaxson could of been.

her reply made me think of this :lol: )

"I assumed as much," Max said under his breath. He was about to close the door when he spotted Jaxson. "Here comes the man of the hour," he said louder, to alert Nivea.

Jaxson slowed as he neared. He prepared to say something but stopped. Excuses wouldn't be of little help, he figured. Max let him in and he took a seat at the opposite end of the table as Nivea.

Max closed the door after checking to make sure no one else was in the hall then resumed his previous seat. He didn't say anything at first, but simply observed the latecomer, who probably wasn't aware of the bloodstains across his shirt. Max cocked his head sideways and gave him a confused look, trying to place where Jaxson could of been.

:)lau )
Nivea overlooked Jaxson several times before opening her notebook to an untouched page and wrote down his intriguing appearance with great detail.

:)lau )
Nivea overlooked Jaxson several times before opening her notebook to an untouched page and wrote down his intriguing appearance with great detail.
Max, remembering his manners, stood to introduce the two. "Jaxson, this is Nivea, a reporter," he said with a wave of his hand towards the woman. He left it at that, hoping his protege would piece the obvious together and be cautious of what he said during the next half hour or so.

Jaxson nodded towards her. "Hello," he said then immediately returned his attention to Max. "Is this about...?" He stopped, knowing the commander would know what he meant.

Max, remembering his manners, stood to introduce the two. "Jaxson, this is Nivea, a reporter," he said with a wave of his hand towards the woman. He left it at that, hoping his protege would piece the obvious together and be cautious of what he said during the next half hour or so.

Jaxson nodded towards her. "Hello," he said then immediately returned his attention to Max. "Is this about...?" He stopped, knowing the commander would know what he meant.

"Hi," Nivea smiled shortly, without troubling herself by standing to shake his hand. Noticing Jaxson's hestitance to speak in front of her she quietly observed his interaction with Max from a safe distance.

"Hi," Nivea smiled shortly, without troubling herself by standing to shake his hand. Noticing Jaxson's hestitance to speak in front of her she quietly observed his interaction with Max from a safe distance.
"Yes," Max replied promptly, "so let's get started."

Jaxson nodded his agreement on that idea. Get started and get over with. He had more important things to do.

"Four days ago, at exactly 2:17 afternoon, we had an escape," Max stated the obvious. He slapped a file down on the table and slid it across to Jaxson. "Artemis, female, age 19. I believe she was in your sector," Max said stiffly.

Jaxson barely glanced at the file. He knew what it said, practically word for word, and he didn't want to be reminded of any of it. Assuming the commanded wanted an affirmation, he nodded. Yes, she was in his sector.

Max knew full well who was in whose sector and all the minuscule details. He also knew that the time did not match up with Jaxson's schedule, but he didn't say anything about that. The less that got to the reporter, the better.

"Yes," Max replied promptly, "so let's get started."

Jaxson nodded his agreement on that idea. Get started and get over with. He had more important things to do.

"Four days ago, at exactly 2:17 afternoon, we had an escape," Max stated the obvious. He slapped a file down on the table and slid it across to Jaxson. "Artemis, female, age 19. I believe she was in your sector," Max said stiffly.

Jaxson barely glanced at the file. He knew what it said, practically word for word, and he didn't want to be reminded of any of it. Assuming the commanded wanted an affirmation, he nodded. Yes, she was in his sector.

Max knew full well who was in whose sector and all the minuscule details. He also knew that the time did not match up with Jaxson's schedule, but he didn't say anything about that. The less that got to the reporter, the better.

Nivea questioned the uncertainty of Max's first statement, but she would have to dwell on that later. Right now she was kept busy by writing down exactly what was being spoken, by not only by Jaxson but also by Max.

Nivea questioned the uncertainty of Max's first statement, but she would have to dwell on that later. Right now she was kept busy by writing down exactly what was being spoken, by not only by Jaxson but also by Max.
"You were there at the time. I believe I had assigned you extra hours because of the seriousness of the interrogations," Max told Jaxson. He was referring to Artemis and Dr. Mythe, but again, those specifics weren't necessary to say aloud in front of little miss priss with her wad of paper. And really, why make it easier on her? Leaving holes in the conversation was more interesting on several aspects. If Jaxson knew what he referred to every time in what he didn't say, it just confirmed the mind-linked capabilities Max liked to think he shared with the kid. Another aspect: if Nivea was as good a reporter as she thought she was, then she could piece stuff together later in her own time.

Jaxson, once again, nodded. "Yes, I was there," he said quietly.

"And Vanessa, she was there as well, was she not?" Max asked.

His question threw Jaxson off for a moment. "Uh, yes, she was earlier that day," he finally said.

"Cameras," Max winked at Nivea. "All seeing eyes, I like to call em." He leaned back in his chair and rocked it slightly as he thought. "Artemis execution was confirmed by Han at 1:56, news was got to you by 2:05, 2:08 you arrived at your sector, 2:10 at the cell door," he relayed the events by the minute from memory.

Jaxson listened silently to the times as they were listed. They matched up precisely. Sometimes, he really hated his commander's meticulous mind.

Last edited:
"You were there at the time. I believe I had assigned you extra hours because of the seriousness of the interrogations," Max told Jaxson. He was referring to Artemis and Dr. Mythe, but again, those specifics weren't necessary to say aloud in front of little miss priss with her wad of paper. And really, why make it easier on her? Leaving holes in the conversation was more interesting on several aspects. If Jaxson knew what he referred to every time in what he didn't say, it just confirmed the mind-linked capabilities Max liked to think he shared with the kid. Another aspect: if Nivea was as good a reporter as she thought she was, then she could piece stuff together later in her own time.

Jaxson, once again, nodded. "Yes, I was there," he said quietly.

"And Vanessa, she was there as well, was she not?" Max asked.

His question threw Jaxson off for a moment. "Uh, yes, she was earlier that day," he finally said.

"Cameras," Max winked at Nivea. "All seeing eyes, I like to call em." He leaned back in his chair and rocked it slightly as he thought. "Artemis execution was confirmed by Han at 1:56, news was got to you by 2:05, 2:08 you arrived at your sector, 2:10 at the cell door," he relayed the events by the minute from memory.

Jaxson listened silently to the times as they were listed. They matched up precisely. Sometimes, he really hated his commander's meticulous mind.

Nivea's attention was momentarily devided from her notebook at the odd behavior Max directed towards her. She rolled her eyes, returning her gaze to the paper before her, which she flipped to reveal a fresh page that allowed her more room to write everything down on. She had already considered checking the camera footage, but hadn't yet had the time to ask Max for the permission to.

Nivea's attention was momentarily divided from her notebook at the odd behavior Max directed towards her. She rolled her eyes, returning her gaze to the paper before her, which she flipped to reveal a fresh page that allowed her more room to write everything down on. She had already considered checking the camera footage, but hadn't yet had the time to ask Max for the permission to.
Max had paused to give Jaxson a space to say something if he wanted, but nothing was said, so he continued. "According to my trusty camera, you entered the cell to fetch the girl for her execution." He glanced over at Nivea to say, "Listen closely, I aint repeating myself." He then proceeded to rattle off more precise times. "2:10, you entered and talked to Artemis briefly. Can't tell what was said, though, because you two kept your heads down enough. 2:11, the two of you reposition in the cell and I can't tell much of what happens until the dang camera gets blown." Max stood and put a fist down hard on the table.

Jaxson made no notable reaction but simply continued staring, listening and waiting for him to continue with the story he seemed to know so well.

"Gets blown. Someone shot my cam," Max said, his voice nearly mad now. "We later confirmed it was a bullet from that shiny revolver you keep on you 24/7. Course, that aint saying anything other than clearing Artemis of sneaking weapons." He searched Jaxson's expressionless face for a reaction, but nothing; maddeningly, nothing. He knew there was a plan. That day's events were too perfect to be unexpected, out of the blue. And he knew who the planner was.

"Sir, I can assure you, the prisoner was not receiving or sneaking weapons into her cell," Jaxson said finally.

Max had paused to give Jaxson a space to say something if he wanted, but nothing was said, so he continued. "According to my trusty camera, you entered the cell to fetch the girl for her execution." He glanced over at Nivea to say, "Listen closely, I aint repeating myself." He then proceeded to rattle off more precise times. "2:10, you entered and talked to Artemis briefly. Can't tell what was said, though, because you two kept your heads down enough. 2:11, the two of you reposition in the cell and I can't tell much of what happens until the dang camera gets blown." Max stood and put a fist down hard on the table. 

Jaxson made no notable reaction but simply continued staring, listening and waiting for him to continue with the story he seemed to know so well.

"Gets blown. Someone shot my cam," Max said, his voice nearly mad now. "We later confirmed it was a bullet from that shiny revolver you keep on you 24/7. Course, that aint saying anything other than clearing Artemis of sneaking weapons." He searched Jaxson's expressionless face for a reaction, but nothing; maddeningly, nothing. He knew there was a plan. That day's events were too perfect to be unexpected, out of the blue. And he knew who the planner was. 

"Sir, I can assure you, the prisoner was not receiving or sneaking weapons into her cell," Jaxson said finally. 

Nivea shook as she looked up to see Max bring his fist against the table, but then turned to watch Jaxson with a malicous grin. He seemed to be doing well under pressure, but knew it wouldn't be much longer before he broke. Even if he didn't, she had so much faith in the evidence she had gathered thus far that his confession wasn't necessary to prove the crimes that he had commited.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom