Hi! Hello! šŸ‘‹
We are brand spanking new chickrents & chiblings, here! (Only previous experience we are holding onto is that I grew up on a hobby farm in Florida for most of my childhood šŸ˜Š)
We have been researching and discussing how to grow our little ā€œurban homesteadā€ for a loooong time and hubby figured if we didnā€™t take the leap of faith, how would we ever get started!?! Anyway, we are starting out with just three chicks for now & went with a variety of breeds to learn about each and grow from there; Ameraucana, Sapphire Gem, and an Amberlink (per our local FFH). To be fair, my husband let our 7 year old choose ā€œthe cutest ones EVER!ā€, according to her.. šŸ˜† I think the kids and I (me personally, for sure!) are excited to watch our chickens grow and flourish while providing nourishment for our bellies as well as our property. Iā€™m most excited to finally be able to share my love for animals with them in a whole new way! To be honest, Iā€™m an ADHD person, so I am always finding new ways to stimulate and occupy myself, so Iā€™m always down for a new adventure!! Im also a huge crafter and explorer. I love learning WHY and HOW stuff works.. Finding patterns and links in things that neurotypical people would probably think I was nuts for! šŸ˜† šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø I love to fish, swim, watch things grow, and am always itching to learn something new! We have 2 cats, 3 dogs, four kids (7-16yrs), and lots of drive to become better (& healthier) humans! I came across BYC today, and joined immediately after reading a few different threads (with lots of great info). So excited to see what else this community has to offer!
View attachment 3837546
Welcome. Congratulations on taking the homesteading plunge.

Back
Top Bottom