😢 WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! Another duckling hatched too early and yolk sac is still full! 💔

Hi!

I gave her some diluted Nutra Drench while she was still half in her egg absorbing her very large yolk sac. And it gave her some extra nutrients for sure!
Wednesday night I laid her down quickly to check for progress and she just kicked out!
Her yolk sac was almost completely gone and I put a little antiseptic on it and put her back in the incubator to dry overnight because it was quite late.
The next morning I opened the incubator and she was fluffed out and ready to go!
As soon as she saw me she jumped out of the incubator into my hands and her belly button was completely gone.
She’s eating, d

Thank you!
She’s absolutely darling! What a personality!
I’m just worried about her being a lone duckling. The fairy egg passed away. I’m so sad. 😞 She couldn’t internally pip upon inspection. It broke my heart because she was fully developed.
This has happened to me several times before and it’s very sad. Only 1 out of my 5 eggs made it this time.
Now I have to try to try to give her the attention she needs and deserves. 🥰
I recommend putting a mirror and a teddy in with her. If you work from home that's great, because you can give her almost constant attention.
It's a shame about the fairy egg, but it's surprising she developed that far. Just know it's not your fault at all.
Hope the baby does well! You might be looking at a house pet seeing as she is a lone duckling.

Back
Top Bottom