1 chicken left to Identify

TSWRA

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2022
Was given this hen last week. I was told Americauna, but she looks way different than the Americaunas I have.
20230114_084235.jpg

She's got a pea comb and greenish/slate feet, which leads me to believe colored egger. Whether she's actually an Americauna, I couldn't tell you.

She's gorgeous!!!

She's beautiful!
She's an Easter Egger I think, which is the same thing as Americanas.
Unfortunately they aren't the same. I have a few Americaunas, and you can tell the difference between the 2. Americaunas are purebred where as eggers are not. I've never had an Egger before so this one threw me off lol.

She's some type of Easter egger. Americanas are just another name the hatcheries use for Easter eggers, to try to fool customers into thinking they are getting purebred Ameraucanas. Note the slightly different spellings for completely different things.
I've got a few Splash Americaunas and you can tell in the cheeks. They look like little owls to me. Me being color blind I have a hard time seeing the colors on the face for this one. If it's an Egger that's fine by me. :)

Would love to see a picture of her egg!

Glad you've solved the mystery!
I would too lol. I've got too many now, I've got a bunch that are laying after the little break. I just picked her up, so hopefully when the light picks up she'll start laying.

Back
Top Bottom