10 Egg Pound Cake

Quote:
So are you saying Pet milk is evaporated milk? I haven't seen it but maybe being in Canada we don't have that brand.
idunno.gif

It is evaporated milk that you want-some of us always use the brand name we grew up with like "crisco" instead of veg shortening

This looks great. We love pound cake!!!

I copied both recipes and guess what I just found out? You can PM yourself! I copied, pasted and sent it to myself and it worked! Now I can keep references easily until I can either print or copy paste to "Word"

I never thought to do that! I have been making a file, and each time I have to go back to to index and find recipes... That'll make it much easier...until I order my BYC cook book...which I am waiting until after Christmas to order... because I have left a thousand hints... but, You know.
hu.gif
Guys.

I make this pound cake all the time, try it with warm peanut butter icing dribbled over the slices.

Quote:
Sometimes if I want to share the recipe I bake mine in two loaf pans. If you have extra cake dough left over from the tube pan just put it in a small loaf pan. Just watch that you don't over bake or under bake.

Quote:
Sometimes if I want to share the recipe I bake mine in two loaf pans. If you have extra cake dough left over from the tube pan just put it in a small loaf pan. Just watch that you don't over bake or under bake.

so could i use a standard loaf pan(pictured) as my extra?

loafPan_Full.jpg

if so, do i need to cook it at a separate temp?

That's what I use and no I don't bake at a separate temp. Use the temp the pound cake calls for. Just watch your browning on top.

Back
Top Bottom