10 weeks - questionable coloring and combs

esimmons14

Songster
8 Years
Mar 19, 2015
Hi everyone, these chicks are either Rhodebar x Rhodebar, Rhodebar x CL, or Welsummer x CL. The CL is a roo. There were some very obvious males when first hatched, but there are a few that were questionable in coloring since the start (could have gone either way) and also one that all of a sudden has a larger comb than the others. I have one more I'm wondering about that I didn't get a good picture of yet, I'll work on that and post again soon.

They are 10 weeks now. Take a look, any thoughts would be appreciated:

This one above right and right, has lighter coloring that obvious pullet colors for these breeds, but the comb is nowhere the size that the obvious males was. This is definitely one of the CL mixes, due to head pouf.

This one above has always had a lot of pink skin showing on face... Coloring to me though says pullet. Same one below.

I agree they all look like pullets according to coloring. The last two are pretty red, although I'd expect a lot more comb at this age. You have some very pretty crosses
smile.png

I agree they all look like pullets according to coloring. The last two are pretty red, although I'd expect a lot more comb at this age. You have some very pretty crosses
smile.png
Thank you! I think they might lay some pretty eggs!

Back
Top Bottom