11wk Buff Orpington sickle feathers?

Here's the same bird at 21 weeks old... looking like a rooster but acting like a hen :/

So, what's the final word? Rooster or hen?

She turned out to be a great layer! She and the other two were taken by a raccoon in March and it really broke my heart :( Her name was Buffy and she was always bigger than the other two and was the last one to start laying. She was also the sweetest, friendliest, and quirkiest of the bunch. She kept that big curvy tail, too, and always made really horrible, loud sounds like she was trying to crow.

She turned out to be a great layer! She and the other two were taken by a raccoon in March and it really broke my heart :( Her name was Buffy and she was always bigger than the other two and was the last one to start laying. She was also the sweetest, friendliest, and quirkiest of the bunch. She kept that big curvy tail, too, and always made really horrible, loud sounds like she was trying to crow.

Oh, so sorry for your loss. :hugs It's definitely heartbreaking when things go wrong. They have such big hearts and personalities and quickly earn themselves the title pet, baby or loved one. I had a Buffy, much like yours personality wise, that I lost late last year. Fine one minute and gone the next. She was at the top of the pecking order and always had to be the first to the treats, often taking everyone elses share. When we found her we had a necropsy done and learned she died of fatty liver disease :(.

Back
Top Bottom