12 dead birds and charges filed *update 1st court date today*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you estimate HIGH for the worth of your birds. In some states you can really add it up...

the cost of each bird + what it cost to raise your birds + the estimated loss of production + the cost of replacement stock + cost of raising the replacements + loss of production until replacements are producing

also the vet bill, your time spent nursing the injured, cost of cleaning up the crime scene, new bedding, repairs to your buildings, new parrot cage...

I'm so upset for your loss! I really want to see them pay! Even with justice, nothing will replace your special birds and I'm crying with you! Your family is in our prayers. :aww

I'm so sorry Jody. You're poor birds - it's just heartbreaking. The dog attack stories never seem to wane, which unfortunately means the number of unconscious humans doesn't seem to be waning either.

Oh no!!!!!!!!! I just saw your post about Peter pop up while I was typing - I am SO SO sorry. :aww There are no words.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

If you have Rescue Remedy on hand, it may calm Little Big Foot a bit - poor dear.

I'm so sorry.

JJ

Jody, i'm so very sorry that this happened. I hope that the dogs are put down, and your idiot neighbors at least feel some remorse.
hugs.gif

Gosh darn it! Jody I am so sorry. I just don't get why dog owners think they can let their dogs run and not have to pay the price. My neighbors dog came over a few times! I told her I contacted the local game warden and dog pound and they gave me permission to shoot to kill if they are attacking my flock and chasing my children or myself! She does not talk to me any more but oh well! I sure hope that you get full restitution! I know it won't bring them back but it helps ease the sting! I would say the eggs would be fine. I have heard of much worse hatching! Good luck.

ETA:
I just read about Peter! I am so sorry! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom