12 dead birds and charges filed *update 1st court date today*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I live out in the country. It SSS all the way. I've put lead in strays a few times. But I always do it as an absolute last resort. If after multiple encounters that are decidedly less cordial with each meeting the interloper doesn't seem to get the message. I'll up the anti and pop the vermin in the rear with my pellet gun. Should that fail, and it has only once, I use a .22 caliber rifle.

Quote:
Actually, I am quite rural myself. But the laws allow us to shoot and collect damages. So our SSS is Shoot, call the Sheriff and Sue for restitution. Believe me, If I had been home, every effort would have been made to shoot. My son was home, but he didn't have time to grab a gun before the dogs ran off.

Quote:
I think that hubby is a keeper. On the other hand, if you check and do find pods, save one for me.

th.gif
I am so sorry that this happend to you.

I am soo sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through. We were one of the first cases tried under the dangerous dog laws in the state of pennsylvania. We had a neighbor who would let his ptt bull run freely with no leash. Our neighbors dog broke through our screened door (attempting to get to our dog). He came thru the kitchen, thru the dining room and into the living room and attacked our cat. Yes my children saw the whole thing (I cleaned cat feces and urine off of the ceiling), Long story shortened, the cops came and stated "the dog was only doing what comes natural". Boy was that the wrong thing to say...never corner me when I'm angry and I know I'm right... after some investing I found the laws, fought the police dept, retained an attorney and won damages. Yes Rudi our cat lived..(albiet $1500.00 later) infact he's still alive and rotten as ever. I will keep you in my thoughts (and no the anger of the situation doesnt ever really go away..I always think if the owner had just taken responsibilty for the animal it would've never gone as far as it did..He still doesnt think he did anything wrong)

Im really sorry that you lost so many birds to those dogs, but Im happy that you have such a responsive sheriffs department. I hope that you are able to hatch some of the eggs.

Quote:
gig.gif
That totally cracked me up.

Chel <going to check the basement in hopes of finding some pods>

Your wonderful DH used to give you grief (good natured?) about your birds. But the good ones always come through when the chips are down. He knows that you are devastated and traumatized and it sounds like he is being as supportive as anyone could be. Best of luck to you and your new birds and your DH.
smile.png

Quote:
Actually, it wasn't that good natured. I didn't convince him to like them. I think it was the chicks. He had his favorites. Pinky got her name because he insisted that we keep her, and I marked her back with pink nail polish. Pinky was among the murdered. He also was a bit partial to Little Big Foot. I had to do an emergency hatch with DH assisting to hatch her. That made her special. She is one of the survivors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom