12 dead birds and charges filed *update 1st court date today*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good that the penalties are stiff, I hope it is a wakeup call to the owners and they keep their dogs put up!

Last edited:
Jody, I'm really sorry about your chickens. I'm glad you're persuing this.
I wonder if it's possible to sue for big bucks and get their homeowner's insurance involved. Homeowner's ins. may drop them because of the vicious dogs.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wee.gif

Quote:

Quote:
I had a couple of dogs kill several of show rabbits years ago. I didn't even have to sue, just sent him a bill and his home owners insurance paid. Of course, he was probably one of the more cooperative people. If he had wanted to be a butt I would likely have had to sue to get him to even turn it in to his insurance. He kept his dogs, but I don't think they were vicious. Just loose dogs doing what dogs do. They never threatened any people or other dogs.

Quote:
lau.gif
Seminole, I am
lau.gif
absolutely laughing out loud. Tears in my eyes over your icon to eat beef. I DO love beef, but living, as I do, in India, where most of my neighbors worship cows, it is very difficult to find the shops around here to get it and it's NOT very tender, etc. I tell'em that I don't eat cows -- which I don't! But I don't tell'em any jokes like, "What did the male cow say to the female cow."
lau.gif
lau.gif
I love my Indian friends with my whole heart, but you're icon was too funny for me. Love it!

Sky~

Skyrider, I can understand why it's so funny to you. I'm glad you had a good laugh.
I also have a mug that is a cow saying "eat chicken". I don't use it very often now.

Jody, so happy to hear about your new chicks! And even happier to hear you being a very squeaky wheel. I have a Ridgeback, and he's very sweet, but no way no how would I let him out of my yard without a leash! (and me at the other end of it!) Your neighbors need to be sterilized as well as their dogs -- some people just shouldn't breed ANYTHING! Good luck.

Skyrider, how did you come across this site? You got chickens? You know I think there is another site called Backyardcow.com or petcow.com. Maybe someone else knows.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Seminole,

lol.png
Okay, fair question, but I want you to know my sides are still aching.
smile.png
. I'm into social work here in India and we simply need the food. We live in the jungles about two and half hours by train outside Bombay (Mumbai) and all our chickens are free range.

We bought four hens and one roo. A dog got one of our hens. Our roo has narrowly escaped the same dog. My boys are armed with as powerful a slingshot as we can make. (There's no windows around here for target practice.
wink.png
) But we also face birds of prey, snakes, rats and even the human variety. We've lost some eggs to our nearest neighbor. We only told them to please keep an eye out for an egg thief, even though we knew it was her.

Then after what seemed like an eternity our best laying hen, Laxmie [Lux shmee - a Hindu goddess name] began laying. We collected twenty-two of her eggs and when she was looking like an old wet hen we gave them all back. Eleven of them hatched, and today only four of her young are left.

The other two hens, Brownie and Whitie, are now both sitting on a total of twenty eggs. And now Laxmie is laying again. I knew I needed help in raising chickens as I'd never done it before and a Google search brought up BYC. We've had it all. The chickens got chicken pox and I've had to inject them and treat their water all to keep the whole brood alive. They're doing very well now and Laxmie has just abandoned her four remaining young who are three hens and one roo. So one is getting ready for the pot and the other three will give eggs and more chickens until we are over run with chickens.

Then due to still needing more meat we are just now embarking on raising rabbits too, and another search on Google proved BYC yet again. That subject I knew a lot more about than chickens, but BYC has been an invaluable guide to territory I knew nothing about.

Well, it's almost 6am here and I gotta get the boys up to let the chickens out and give some feed.

The rest of my story is on my signature line.

Sky~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom