12 dead birds and charges filed *update 1st court date today*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following your thread and have read every page. I feel so sad (and mad) for what happened to your birds.
I have to say that your sheriff’s department is awesome and they have done their jobs well. As for the prosecutor’s office: they do have to “weed out” cases they cannot win or would not be “worth” taking to trial. I am NOT saying your case isn’t worth it, just what they might be thinking. I assume that you are in a small community/ town/ city and those types of county prosecutors aren’t into making waves. They do only what they are forced to do… which isn’t much!
I believe you are doing the right thing by making your voice heard. Keep squeaking and make it as loud as you can, then they will be forced to give you the grease you deserve.

P.S. Do you have a shot gun? For the dogs... not the prosecutor!!!
wink.png

Quote:
I guess they think that Poofhead and his little friends left the coop, walked a mile to the neighbor's house and stood outside the fence and taunted them. The chickens must have then thrown rocks at them and poked them with sticks through the fence. Finally, I guess the dogs couldn't take it anymore and had to jump the fence. Of course, the chickens must have outrun them and got all the way back to my yard and the coop before Poofhead pulled a knife and really started the fight. As far as the 2 chickens isolated in the giant cage in the coop, they must have spit at them through the bars forcing the dogs to rip the door off and kill them too.

Well, this very well could have happened, but since chickens are fowl (new discovery last week) and fowl are known to have wings and feathers, then said chickens after taunting the accused dogs on their own property, actually flew back to their own property where the accused proceeded to inflict injury while acting in self defense.

Since said victims were actually in flight in the air, accused dogs were looking up into the air following the flight of the newly discovered fowl species, therefore not knowing they had then crossed their property lines during the said chase.

The accused were mearly acting in self defense and are believed to have been in a state of temporary shock from being taunted by this newly discovered fowl species in their own safe, private yard.

Counter suit to follow:

LOL

Quote:
I guess they think that Poofhead and his little friends left the coop, walked a mile to the neighbor's house and stood outside the fence and taunted them. The chickens must have then thrown rocks at them and poked them with sticks through the fence. Finally, I guess the dogs couldn't take it anymore and had to jump the fence. Of course, the chickens must have outrun them and got all the way back to my yard and the coop before Poofhead pulled a knife and really started the fight. As far as the 2 chickens isolated in the giant cage in the coop, they must have spit at them through the bars forcing the dogs to rip the door off and kill them too.

Well, this very well could have happened, but since chickens are fowl (new discovery last week) and fowl are known to have wings and feathers, then said chickens after taunting the accused dogs on their own property, actually flew back to their own property where the accused proceeded to inflict injury while acting in self defense.

Since said victims were actually in flight in the air, accused dogs were looking up into the air following the flight of the newly discovered fowl species, therefore not knowing they had then crossed their property lines during the said chase.

The accused were mearly acting in self defense and are believed to have been in a state of temporary shock from being taunted by this newly discovered fowl species in their own safe, private yard.

Counter suit to follow:

LOL

Maybe they could use the temporary insanity defence.

Quote:

Is it a possibility that the 2 chickens isolated in the iron cage unlocked the gate, opened it, went over to the neighbors, prevolked the dogs, ran home with dogs in persuit, got back in the cage, closed the door and locked/latched it just before the dogs therefor forcing the dogs to rip the iron gate off the cage?

I mean, it could happen... My ducks did that. They opened the spring clip latch, unwound the chain around the gate to let a dog in, then closed the gate, rewrapped the chain around the gate, clipped the spring clip then let the dog eat them. The only problem was since the duck was dead the stupid dog couldn't figure out how to get out of the locked gate! (This happened to another neighbor too, Someone is locking dogs into their owners chicken coops. We have our ideas on a certain unfriendly person who did this but have no proof. The one Sherrif suggested the chickens killed each other then themselves. You know - homicide/suicide. My neighbor has resorted to padlocking the coop door)

Keep going, keep on being the squeeky wheel. Your case is important. And it is just another case to the prosecutor another matter to put through to the judge and attorneys, its not real life, bleeding feeling animals to them at all!

I am in court all the time, as part of my job - it is dehumanizing (is that a word?)....court is a process, a system, all in a days work of paper and forms, and legal matters...you need to make sure you are felt and heard! You are doing a wonderful job so far, stick with it!

Tina/tfpets

Last edited:
YOU GO!!!!!

It makes me angry to think what an honest law-abiding citizen has to go through to get justice. What an amazingly apathetic attitude you had to deal with from the prosecutors. Kudos to you for sticking it out. This is more than just a matter of someone's dog running loose. This is about people who have no regard for society's rules or respect for others and their property.

I hope a judge throws the book at 'em!!!
somad.gif

Creak.... sqeal....sqeaka-squeaka...
Keep going, Jody! Do you think your fantabulous sherriff's dept might send a "deputation" to the prosecutor's office to let them know that this really isn't going away? Perhaps the idea that law
enforcement wrote this up in all seriousness will light a fire under their keesters. Or you could send an egg carton with only 3 eggs (wrapped in a nice ribbon, of course), with a note saying, "Sorry, this is all I could give you since I no longer have the creatures that produce these!" And maybe the ribbon should be a dog leash?!
Oh, sorry, I'm getting snarky...
rant.gif

To think we pay these idiots' salaries...!
No W-D 40 here, keep on squeakin'!

Quote:
Yes, we have a shotgun, among other firearms. The problem is that you can't patrol your yard 24/7.

The thing is: You shouldn't have to patrol your yard to begin with... I was just hoping you could catch them on your property again before they do any more damage and "take care of them".
wink.png

I hope you win your case and the dogs are removed from their owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom