12 dead birds and charges filed *update 1st court date today*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to court. Ding dong pleaded not guilty so the saga continues. The idiot dog owner looked like he was going to poop his pants when he walked into the court room and saw me up front talking to the prosecutor. I'm gonna keep on squeaking. I will let you all know when I know the court date.

I am the squeaky wheel.
I am the squeaky wheel.
I am the squeaky wheel.

Not sure if I'm happy or not, I AM mostly I think cause in the end, it could cost him so much more than simply taking his medicine now. Did he have a lawyer? It sounds like he doesn't have enough of a brain to have one... any lawyer would have told him to just shut up and pay now... well, going to keep hoping for the best.

Let us all know if there's anything people here can do, can't imagine what at this point, but we are all thinking good thoughts for you!!!

Did the prosecutor seem receptive when you talked to him/her? Take a break for a hot cuppa and get your comfey slippers on before you answer any of this.. oh, course it's time to check on the water and toss hay too.. well whenever you can!

Quote:
No, he didn't have a lawyer in court. The judge asked him if he could afford to hire his own lawyer, and he said, "yes."

Yes, the prosecutor was friendly receptive. I had a rocky start with the office, but I think we are all on the same page now. I do intend to continue pursuing this and will not let up the pressure.

You GO girl!!!
lol.png

Quote:
Be careful, okay... we don't want to hear of any harm coming to you over this. People are downright crazy these days so you can never be too careful.

Good luck, I kept checking back as much as I could yesterday to find out what happened. Hope that yo-yo has to pay up and confine his dogs. Unfortunately if he gets rid of that batch of dogs, an owner like him will just start over with new ones.

Quote:
Yeah, I know, but I'm not afraid of much. I guess it's the Marine in me. I was in the Marines, my husband was in the Marines, and my son just got out of the Marines. Not to mention that our redneck roots run deep. We are not violent, nor are we law breakers, but we are willing and able to take care of ourselves. The only way our neighborhoods can clean up problems is if the law abiding people in them stand up for what is right. I'm in this to the end. Let the chips fall where they may.

BTW, I'm a little crazy myself.
wink.png

Did they set the court date? Just make sure that when this goes to court and they are selecting the jury that the DA asks if they have or ever have owned chickens. Now go get him girl.

This is going to be a jury trial? If I were on jury duty and lost work and a day of my life over chickens and dogs, I would be displeased.

I don't know if it will go to a jury or one of those trials with just a judge. He could also change his plea or try to make a deal.

I just hope he gets the message that the neighborhood is done with his vicious dogs. I will make sure that I am present for every court appearance. Believe it or not, I'm not a vindictive person. This person just has a long history of not keeping his dogs on his own property and the dogs harming other animals. Each time he acts so sorry and he and his wife act real concerned and promise to do better. The promises are empty because the dogs still get out and terrorize the neighborhood. Sooner or later a child will be involved and it will be a real trgedy. This is the only way to prevent any more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom