12 dead birds and charges filed *update 1st court date today*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck! and if it does go to jury trial, then fine. We are called to do our duty, nothing more nothing less and certainly should not be able to pick and choose. It matters not what the issue is. What matters is justice.....for all.
And I hope it is yours, horsejody.

Quote:
Laws are laws, and some have been broken. I get mad any time I get called for jury duty - this next time will be seven, and I'm self employed, so I lose bigtime. I know many who have never gone once. I had a drunk driver case once. Made me just as angry as hearing a chicken killing case would make me.

Last edited:
A little off topic, but in reference to the jury trail. I have been called to jury duty 6 times and selected 2 times to serve on the jury.
Being called doesn't aggrevate me so much as the "process". Both cases I served on lasted 7 working days. One was a rape case and the other was a medical malpractice suit. It could have been cut to 3 maybe 4 days, no problem.
First, you spend two days in the court room with every possible juror coming up every imaginable excuse to get out of it. If the possible jurors would just answer the questions honestly and not raise their hand at every question posed and then pause 30 seconds to come up with their lie this process could be cut to 1/2 day.
If the lawyers would stop go over the same thing 15 thousand times it would go a lot faster as well, they treated the jurors like we are 5 year olds.

Anyway, if a jury trial is what it takes then go for it, it is your RIGHT!

Quote:
send your chickens to the Marines, then let them and the dogs sort it out themselves
big_smile.png

WOW Jody!!!! What a complete idiot! You need to talk to your neighborhood and see if the others in the neighborhood can come to the trial! Backup in person is way more than him saying his sweet little dogs are just so nice and so funny and so on and so on ....get every one of them that has had to deal with this and bring them.

Figure fourteen jurors out of work for a day, plus the time of the judge, clerk of the court, bailiffs, plaintiff, defendant, etc.

As Danny Devito said in "War of the Roses": "There is no winning in court. There are only degrees of losing."

If I were in the selection pool, I'd raise my hand and offer to give the plaintiff a dozen chickens and shoot the defendant's dogs for free.

Am I a good citizen, or what?

Good luck in court. I hope that any other neighbors who's animals have been hurt will show up and testify against this man and his dogs.

Chel

Jody , Good for you keep squeaking..
and get the justice you deserve..
As is said the Squeaky wheel get the oil...
call you local news paper
let everyone know whats going on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom