12 week old golden laced wyandotte... genders?

I'm wondering about mine also. Do you think these are boys also or a girls? Mine look similar to the picture above.
Chick #1/Nugget
(chick on left with reddish comb)

Chick #2/Willow

(chick on left)

Any ideas? I really appreciate the help, as we cannot have roos in our neighborhood and really can't tell yet (this is our first flock). Thank you!!

That's so strange that they aren't showing up..I'm looking at them on the post on my screen. I will try posting them again..thanks.

Chicken #1/Nugget

(chicken on right with reddish comb)

Chicken #2/Willow

(chicken on left)

That's so strange that they aren't showing up..I'm looking at them on the post on my screen. I will try posting them again..thanks. Chicken #1/Nugget (chicken on right with reddish comb) Chicken #2/Willow (chicken on left)
Looks like Nugget is a cockerel but I don't have any personal experience with this breed. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :) .

We think they are 10-12 weeks. We purchased them from Shopper's Supply the first week in June 2016 and they thought they were a couple weeks old at that point. Now it's the beginning of August, so that would make them 10-12 weeks if the sales clerk was correct. Wish I knew the exact date, but that's as close as I can get.

Last edited:
Thank you for the input on what sex Nugget may be. I've been afraid that it may be the case that she is a he, and we will be really sad if this is so. We cannot have cockerels in our neighborhood. And Willow and Nugget are so closely bonded (Willow almost didn't make it when only 1 month old, and I really believe the bond with Nugget is the reason she is still with us), that we will have to find a home where both of them can go. We will be so sad to loose them both if that is the case as we've become attached, having raised them from about one to two weeks old or so. Our 8 month old hen will miss them too I'm sure, as I can tell she enjoys their companionship. They get along really well, and if they both have to be re-homed, she will unfortunately be left as our only hen. She is very social and will be lonely, so we will have to purchase two 3 month hens and begin the process of trying to integrate them. But we will all be sad to say goodbye to Nugget and Willow, so I hope that we are wrong and Nugget ends up laying eggs. I guess we will see.

Here are more pictures of the two of them together..always side by side, joined at the hip, two peas in a pod....

Our little flock.
love.gif

Last edited:
I thought I'd post a few more pictures that I took today in hopes of showing Nugget and Willow's feathers better for determining pullet or cockerel. We're pretty certain Willow's a pullet.

Nugget Willow

Willow on left & Nugget on right Nugget in front & Willow at back

Nugget in front & Willow at back Nugget in front & Willow at back

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom