12 weeks old silkie sexing

Lin_0330

Songster
Apr 9, 2018
London, UK
hello, I have two silkies, one black and one grey which I incubated myself.
They are almost 12 weeks old now. The black one is definitely a male he started crowing since last week, crazzzzy! I though silkie start crowing about 4-6 month old. His comb and wattle is getting bigger everyday so I am 100% sure he is a male.

The one which I unsure is the grey one. They hatch together but the grey one has not crowed yet or developed any wattle. But.........its fluffy head doesn't seem that fluffy round and has a big(?) comb. And they do sometimes play fight with each other.

I was really hoping the grey one is a female but it just doesn't look that girly. If anybody can upload their similar age female silkie that would be really helpful. This is my first time keeping silkies and they are adorable but I just can't have two males.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    350.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    371.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    418.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    510.8 KB · Views: 157
If you don't want 2 roosters I'll take one from you :yesss:
Thanks. But I am in UK. I will keep them as long as I can and if they crow together and fight seriously I will rehome one. As this two were the only two which hatched together and when I take one away the other one will strat peeping. It is really heartbreaking to separate them. But if there is no choice then I will separate them i _ i

Back
Top Bottom