12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a total of 24 chicks! 😍🐣

My New Nurture Right 360 hatched 21 chicks out of 22 Eggs 😳❤️😂

Then my old incubator I got 3 chicks out of 10 eggs. It's Day 22 but I doubt the remaining ones will hatch
- some of the duds were refrigerated eggs so I'm assuming that's why they didn't hatch. It was kind of an experiment to see if they would hatch, some have said they had success. Not me apparently 😭🤣-

Attachments

• 20210404_200016.jpg
    20210404_200016.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi everyone, hope your hatches are going well!:fl The following people are people that set eggs. If any of you on this list have your final hatch numbers, will you please let us know how many hatched? We need your final hatch numbers to finalize one of the contests. If you aren't done hatching, don't worry, just let us know the number when you are done.

@AgnesGray
Mine are late. I hope I didn't miscalculate, but none of them in either incubator look ready. Of the 44, I pulled 2 clears so am hoping for a good hatch, whenever it happens. :)

Last edited:
Happy Easter Everyone! View attachment 2598676

My hatch is officially complete!
First hatch 3/26/21-3/27/21: 100% (started with 22, No infertile, No quitters, 22 live chicks)
- Polkies (Silkie/Polish Crosses)
- 9 eggs were unwashed and collected within 2 weeks
- 13 eggs were washed and stored in the refrigerator for about 3-4 weeks. (she lost her hen so we figured what’s the harm in trying!)

Second hatch 4/3/21: 71% SHIPPED EGGS (started with 48, 3 infertile, 13 quitters, 32 live chicks)
- Blue/Black Silver Birchen & Wheaten Marans from Gypsy Hen (1 infertile, 5 early quitters, 1 late quitter that was dwarfed, short pudgy little toes, legs, beak, and neck)
- Lavender & White Ameraucanas, & a few Olive Eggers from Gypsy Hen (2 infertile, 7 early quitters)
- 50 eggs received, 2 were cracked so I didn’t set them. Set 48 eggs.

Overall I'm really happy with my hatches! Good luck to those that are still hatching and I hope everyone has a wonderful day! View attachment 2598677

Brooder of fluff.
View attachment 2598688
Lol
2A2B9950-6A0A-41A5-8BA8-790D42D56DDB.jpeg

I woud love to see it, send me messge🤞

Ok, no problem! I can share the images in a spoiler here for anyone that wants to see the dwarfed chick eggtopsy.

WARNING!!! Do not look at these images if you don't want to see a chick that passed away in the shell.

4-3-21 dwarfed chick eggtopsy (2).JPG
4-3-21 dwarfed chick eggtopsy (3).JPG
4-3-21 dwarfed chick eggtopsy (4).JPG
4-3-21 dwarfed chick eggtopsy (7).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom