12th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more hatched so cleaned out the incubators and had a funeral by fire for the chicks that didn't hatch or passed.

My final count for those that got out of the eggs was 32. @OneMountainAcres (that's who we ping right?) or is it @casportpony ? (Sorry I've lost my mind I think.)

I have learned.....

(1) move eggs to different spots in the incubator if it's still air
(2) be patient
(3) how to tell when a chick genuinely needs help (I think, probably still need more experience on this one)
(4) remember to put marbles (or Legos since I have no marbles) in the (brooder) water (had one drown 😭)
(5) pine flakes are not non-slip enough to avoid spraddle leg
(6) The joy of hatching chicks and watching the ones that thrive outweighs the pain of losing those that do not. I'm going to strive to do a much better job next year, because I do feel so bad about the ones I lost.

Yes, it was my oldest stored Lav Orp egg. I think it may have had something to do with age, storage, etc but it might have also been encouragment from the other chicks to hatch earlier because I didn't get them out sooner
The others probably didn’t have anything to do with it.

No more hatched so cleaned out the incubators and had a funeral by fire for the chicks that didn't hatch or passed.

My final count for those that got out of the eggs was 32. @OneMountainAcres (that's who we ping right?) or is it @casportpony ? (Sorry I've lost my mind I think.)

I have learned.....

(1) move eggs to different spots in the incubator if it's still air
(2) be patient
(3) how to tell when a chick genuinely needs help (I think, probably still need more experience on this one)
(4) remember to put marbles (or Legos since I have no marbles) in the (brooder) water (had one drown 😭)
(5) pine flakes are not non-slip enough to avoid spraddle leg
(6) The joy of hatching chicks and watching the ones that thrive outweighs the pain of losing those that do not. I'm going to strive to do a much better job next year, because I do feel so bad about the ones I lost.

Me, but I got your number from this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom