Ended 14th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along—Cutest Baby Fowl Photo Contest—Win a Brinsea Incubator!

Pics
Quail eggs are locked down. It's been 14 full days since they were started in the incubator. I've heard Quail can start hatching on day 16 so I didn't want to risk waiting. I candled and found one that hadn't developed at all so I disposed of it. Another I couldn't decide so I put a question mark on to mark it.

I read where shelf paper would be good to help with slipping but then I worried my shelf material had too large of holes and might snag tiny toenails I removed the shelf paper and just used the hatching mat that came with the Incubator.

I filled both water reservoirs to the top to increase humidity, turned the egg turned off and replaced the dome. I'm feeling as nervous and anxious as a first time mother.🤞. Now just watching and waiting...

20230526_114028.jpg
20230526_120326.jpg
:pop Can't wait to see the babies!

Update..Success!!
Yesterday on day 18 the first quail hatched at 7:45 AM, a white one, followed by one at noon then periodically till #8 hatched at 8AM this morning, leaving 2 eggs which I couldn't see any pips and one I had marked as questionable. The babies were very active in the incubator and at 1PM I lifted the dome and scooted the 8 babies out and returned the incubator dome. 21 seconds. Hopefully if the other 2 eggs intend to hatch I didn't hurt them.

All little ones appear very healthy. The incubator worked well. The temperature was stable throughout the 18 days. I have no way of knowing the humidity levels in this model of the incubator and trusted that keeping the outside reservoir full would work and in this case it did. I like that I could see everything happening in the dome but feel it may be too small for 7 chickens. 8 quail was a full house.

Thanks to all involved for this opportunity!
20230531_121753.jpg
20230531_130609.jpg
20230531_130539.jpg
20230531_130453.jpg
eg

Update..Success!!
Yesterday on day 18 the first quail hatched at 7:45 AM, a white one, followed by one at noon then periodically till #8 hatched at 8AM this morning, leaving 2 eggs which I couldn't see any pips and one I had marked as questionable. The babies were very active in the incubator and at 1PM I lifted the dome and scooted the 8 babies out and returned the incubator dome. 21 seconds. Hopefully if the other 2 eggs intend to hatch I didn't hurt them.

All little ones appear very healthy. The incubator worked well. The temperature was stable throughout the 18 days. I have no way of knowing the humidity levels in this model of the incubator and trusted that keeping the outside reservoir full would work and in this case it did. I like that I could see everything happening in the dome but feel it may be too small for 7 chickens. 8 quail was a full house.

View attachment 3524407View attachment 3524408View attachment 3524409View attachment 3524410eg
Aww....Adorable!! :love Congrats on the great hatch! And thanks for the update on the incubator, we've all been so curious as to how it turned out for you!

Update..Success!!

View attachment 3524407View attachment 3524408View attachment 3524409View attachment 3524410eg
Congratulations! :clap

@_-Captain BRM-_
@10LilChicks
@3DFowlFarm
@3KillerBs
@4Hens+me
@Abby P
@AdamT87
@Addicted To Chickens
@Aki no niwatori
@Albertan
@AmeliaBedelia
@AmeraucanaHank
@AmyA248
@AnchoredHomestead
@AnimalCrazed
@Anime2lover
@Ankaa
@AnnieDuck
@anniegal
@Antiocheggers
@Ashleys backyard farm
@Avian Egg Farms
@Azlyna
@baileybiddi
@Bananaplinko
@BeanNoot316
@BeccaRecca13
@becstalls
@Bella the Chicken Lover
@Betsy000
@bhaugh
@Bigandlittles
@Bigcitychickens
@Bkaye
@Blessedmamaof6
@Blue chicken 5467
@Blue Raptor
@BlueHorse17
@Bluesamantha26
@BobMcDuff
@BoogNBean
@BrandonsBirbs
@Brianne116
@Brittbee
@BrittnyChicks
@Bunbun0412
@Butterflywillow
@ButtonHoarder
@ButtonNomies
@Canadian Wind
@CapricornFarm
@casportpony
@CastielH
@cathalmire
@CCsGarden
@Chapmangc1
@chelseachook
@Chicken12goh
@chickenmamaa
@chickenmomma41
@ChickenTenderKesha
@Chikpeas
@Chipmunk Chicks
@Cinnamon11
@CloverTheRabbit
@Cluckingtime
@cluckmecoop7
@Cochinlover92
@cooingdove
@Corbdee
@Corral Family
@craxyjaxy424
@Crazy Chicken Helen
@CrazyChicken7
@Crazychickengirl2
@Crestcrazy2
@Cry86
@danielle2003
@Decoyman
@Dinosaur Village Keeper
@Dlm2plus
@Dotty The Bantam
@Dr Evy
@dragonlord483
@DuckChick758
@Duckduckchicken32
@Ducklings100
@Duckpip
@dulahdaglace
@Dynasty and Delta
@Egg Snatcher
@Emily Chickens
@ExoticPetOwner
@FarmerGirl1010
@Farmgirl283420
@Farmlife16
@FBMcrazy8
@featherhead007
@FeatherProfessor
@Firsttimehens1234
@fluffycrow
@Fluster Cluck Acres
@FunnyfarmMidwest
@FutureCowgirl
@gacracker82
@GhostKeeper
@gimmie birdies
@Grandma The Chicken
@Graphichick
@greyslyn
@Happy Hill Farmstead
@HappyClucker7
@HappyHippyChick
@Hatch in chicks
@Hedgeland Farms
@HennaPenHollyPol
@HenriettaPizzaNolan
@HiEverybirdy
@highlandcows03
@Hiyaherc
@Hoffie22
@HollowOfWisps
@HopKat
@Iluveggers
@iriedeby
@itkn
@JacinLarkwell
@Jayroev
@jBabychickn
@jbenson
@Jenbirdee
@Jesitxmarie
@Jessdavis23
@JesusisGod
@Josip
@junior67
@just3chicks
@JustBabyMargo
@KaTim0719
@Kiki
@Kikilu
@Kingbobkingdom
@kurby22
@Kuritsa y Utochka
@Lacy Duckwing
@Larafamilychickens
@LegbarMama
@Lemon-Drop
@LhickenChicken
@lindy
@Little Baby Bean
@littlechickens27362
@Littlefootsmama
@Liz Birdlover
@lmadeline146
@Lspears218
@LTAY1946
@Maddcatter
@MadinWonderland
@maeflower1992
@MandaRae
@ManyChickies
@MashasChickens
@Maya Chick hatcher
@Millsa
@MonsteraRancher
@mrskenmore
@Ms Biddy
@MsChickenTender
@muddy75
@MyParadiseFalls
@MysteryChicken
@NagemTX
@Nero70002
@New duck mommy 2021
@Nicci0110
@Nifty-Chicken
@NorthwoodsChick
@notabitail
@oldhenlikesdogs
@OneHappyDuckie
@Party_Chicken
@pax12
@Paz
@PhandoryFarm
@picklestheduck
@Pierre duck drake
@Pinebox Provisions
@PipersPeepers
@PippinTheChicken
@Ponyiqandhens2
@Poultry mum
@Poultrybonkers
@PoultryLover1012
@preciouschick
@PREPPYGURL46
@prin23
@Purelychicks
@Quacking ducks
@QuinnE
@Rachaelk
@RoseC
@Rosto
@RoyalChick
@saving grace
@Sc_chickengirl
@Shabby Chic-Hens
@Shadrach
@ShannonsChimkens
@Sheryll_woods
@Show Sebright
@silverlinings
@Skipper Carnes
@slavictreasures
@SourRoses
@Spudlo
@StardustChicken
@StinkyAcres
@SueT
@SummerTheAnimalGirl
@sweaterthebroodyrooster
@That crazy duck lady
@ThatAnimalLoverYT
@Thatcher R
@The Dim Side
@The Welch Chickens
@the_finch_family
@TheOddOneOut
@ThePhoebeFive
@TinyRaptorDodos
@Townsendcoop
@TRALALARA1
@Trin1
@TuckerHomestead
@Tumbleweedlynn
@TwoCrows
@TX Chick Noob
@Txpollock
@Usmcwiepico
@ValarieF
@ValleyEcho
@WallyG74
@WalnutTree
@Wandering_r0gue
@Wereplatypus
@WhiteTreeOfGondor
@WillowRidgeFarm
@winterwolf4
@WoDia
@XAshleyX
@Yard farmer
@Yorkshire Coop
Hey everyone, come check out this year's calendar contest!
2024 BYC Calendar Photo Contest—We Need Your Pictures!

Landscape format (wider than tall) chicken chick pictures that were posted in this thread, but did not win, are eligible for entry in the calendar contest.

Come check it out!

Hope to see lots of your awesome pictures!

Update..Success!!

20230531_121753.jpg
20230531_130609.jpg
20230531_130539.jpg
20230531_130453.jpg
eg
Love it! How are they doing?

Back
Top Bottom