15 week old, updated, sexing

I'd say that at their age, all three in the last photo look like roos to me. The orange one definitely is, and then the barred rock type one looks it in comparison with the others of the same breed. I'm not sure what type the bird on the left in the third picture is, but compared to it's counterpart in the first picture, it also looks like a roo.

Your birds look like they are growing well!

I'm new to chickens so I could be wrong but the red one looks awful roo-ish to me. I love the way it looks like he is reading the newspaper in the bottom picture.
the 3 suspects. well im sure 2 are roo's. in this picture the one in the middle im not sure about it has a comb but its yellowy but that could be due to age? as this one since i had it has allways been bigger than the rest maybe because it maybe a little older im not sure. in the previous picture its the one on the left. any help would be great there now 6weeks old.

they are Rhode Island Cross, Black Rock Cross and Speckled Cross. which is which i've no clue any idea's? thanks for the comments im still praying the chick on the left is a hen
bow.gif
. the red roo chick fought off a cat the other day
ya.gif
i think the cat was more confused than anything.

probs, thats what the lady told me unless she's mistaken. i've no idea what the mother was just that there all crosses. like rir with speckled/ barred rock with speckled/ rir with barred rock, i assume she meant, not sure. thanks for the reply

just found the edit button roo or pullet? shy chicken does'nt play fight or anything.

Last edited:
thought was pullet but has had some comb develpment in the last 2weeks? but still nothing compared to its brother on the right in the previous pics.

Back
Top Bottom