16-19 oz jumbo coturnix quail?

Hello Everyone

Tomorrow I will do a video of the weigh in at 21 days. I put the largest hen on the scale tonight and she weighed in at 169 grams.

Hello Everyone.
We need some help with what breed these quail are, We went to an auction last weekend and the wife thought they were cute and just needed them to add to our jumbo browns we have started raising. From number of hours on the internet I think they are Golden Manchurian, but would like any input from anyone else. They are mature and are laying eggs, the 2 with the darker brown around their eyes are the Roo's
The hens weigh in at 207 grams average or a little over 7 ounces. The Roo's are a little bit smaller. The way it looked they were only getting fed wheat kernels and cracked corn. We feed all our birds 28% game bird feed.

Thanks for any help on the above.

Question to all.

I was wondering if I used one of my jumbo brown roo's with the Italian hens how will that work out? The browns are only 4 weeks old now but after they mature, Their size will be a lot bigger then the Italians for sure cause the one Roo tipped the scale at 254 grams 9.07 Ounces at 28 days old. The largest Italian hen is 228 grams 8.14 ounces, she is mature and laying nice eggs daily.

The original posted birds had an average of 214.15 grams for the whole bunch on the 22 when I weighed them at 4 weeks old.

Once again thanks to everyone help and input.

Back
Top Bottom