17 week old brown leghorn laid her first egg!

What other breeds do you have?
Right now I have some Americaunas and a bunch of barnyard mixes. Some of the barnyard mixes are part Legbar. But I have had a lot of other breeds before. We recently moved so I had to get ride of all my chickens. I just started a new flock, so all of the chickens that I have right now are 7 weeks old and younger.
What breeds do you have?

Right now I have some Americaunas and a bunch of barnyard mixes. Some of the barnyard mixes are part Legbar. But I have had a lot of other breeds before. We recently moved so I had to get ride of all my chickens. I just started a new flock, so all of the chickens that I have right now are 7 weeks old and younger.
What breeds do you have?
My brown egg layers will hatch chicks that lay green eggs when crossed with my cream legbar roosters (I have welsummers,barred rock,dominique,wyandotte and australorp) My white (brown leghorns)and blue egg layers(ameraucana's) will hatch chicks that lay blue eggs when crossed with the same roosters.

My brown egg layers will hatch chicks that lay green eggs when crossed with my cream legbar roosters (I have welsummers,barred rock,dominique,wyandotte and australorp) My white (brown leghorns)and blue egg layers(ameraucana's) will hatch chicks that lay blue eggs when crossed with the same roosters.
What are some of your favorite breeds? I love having a colorful egg basket, and that normally means I have a lot of different breeds. I love having a variety though. They all seem to have different personalities. Some breeds tend to have similar personalities with each other, such as most Leghorns are skittish and most Rhode Island Reds are friendly.

I love the variety of breeds you have! They must make a nice colored egg basket.

Last edited:
What are some of your favorite breeds? I love having a colorful egg basket, and that normally means I have a lot of different breeds. I love having a variety though. They all seem to have different personalities. Some breeds tend to have similar personalities with each other, such as most Leghorns are skittish and most Rhode Island Reds are friendly.

I love the variety of breeds you have! They must make a nice colored egg basket.
My ameraucana's and welsummers haven't laid yet but hopefully they'll start soon! 3 of my leghorns are roosting with my legbar cockerels out in the run tonight (same number of white eggs I've got this week) ❤️

Back
Top Bottom