19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

Five 19 week old White Leghorns & waiting!
big_smile.png

Woohoo! ChickiesInUtah, I'll bet you get a nice surprise soon here
smile.png

Well, I didn't get any eggs yesterday, but I believe that's because I forgot to put out the oyster shell. Oops............One egg so far today, though!

Last edited:
Woohoo! ChickiesInUtah, I'll bet you get a nice surprise soon here
smile.png

Well, I didn't get any eggs yesterday, but I believe that's because I forgot to put out the oyster shell. Oops............One egg so far today, though!
Oyster shell doesn't trigger them to lay or not lay, only the thickness of the shell should change and that's only if you stop putting it out for more than a day. If they don't have enough calcium in their system when they lay, the egg will just come out soft or broken.

I'm getting duck eggs this week!
My 19 week olds are laying - it does not appear that my 22 week old ducks are though. From Sun-Wed one egg a day. Thursday 2 eggs. Today? 5 eggs! We discovered we were letting them out too early. 3 of today's eggs were laid after 9am. We're letting them out at 9am. So we moved their out time to 10am today and it paid off!
We won't be using lights with our birds at all so I can't answer the light question. Sorry
Excuse my typos. Sent from my iPhone.
Which of your ducks were the youngest to start laying?

I've got four 21 week olds - two EEs and two Golden Comets.

None of them are laying yet but personally, I think it may be the heat. It's just been so darn hot here in the San Fernando Valley that I think it stresses them out. I was kinda hoping for eggs by now though!
hu.gif

We got our first EE egg! It's blue green, mostly green
big_smile.png
Way cool! The producer is 24.5 weeks old. I still have 4 other EE girls that haven't started yet. One looks like she could start in about a week, the others maybe 3 weeks. The egg weighed 1.4 oz.

Back
Top Bottom