1st time hatching welsh harlequin duck eggs, need advice plz

Candled to of the eggs yesterday (day 5) could see some dark shapes and some vains.

Fingers crossed. How are urs getting on?

Its a good sign so fingers crossed. Will candle again on day 10. 16 is a good amount.
1f606.png

Hi. Was wondering if u could help us again. Were on day 21. 9 out of 12 eggs look good. We were wondering what day we should lock down, what temp and humidity should be and also do u spray ur eggs and if so on what day do u start?

Thanx

Hi. Was wondering if u could help us again. Were on day 21. 9 out of 12 eggs look good. We were wondering what day we should lock down, what temp and humidity should be and also do u spray ur eggs and if so on what day do u start?

Thanx

Hello again! You lock down on day 25. Bump the humidity to 65%. It'll go higher as they start pipping. Keep the same temperature. I don't mist my duck eggs but others do and they usually start with it a couple days into incubation.

I'm actually sitting right now with a bunch of my own just hatched Welshies in my lap :)

Actually a few quit throughout incubation and two made it to lockdown and didn't hatch, but I got 11 which is not bad at all for shipped eggs.

11 is still a good number. Ours were sgipped to. Few days and were on lock down. Brooders made and ready. Just the run to finish. Hope urs are all doing well

2 of our eggs sarted piping late momday night. There still not hatched so mum said help them brake the shell and membrane a lil.
On day 28 today. Hoping the other 7 start to do something soon

Back
Top Bottom