2 coops, one flock?

I wouldn't add anymore to that coop, you will end up with a mess. I would either build a separate coop for the new ones and one for the ducks, or just put up something much larger for the chickens and keep the ducks in that coop. For 16 hens I would recommend a 8x10 or larger coop. The more you add to your flock the more room is needed for a peaceful flock.

I wonder about that two... I assume the chickens will be curious enough to investigate both coops eventually on their own accord and may very well all try and cram into one of them at night for warmth... companionship, hen pecking... etc...

what about taking the two dog houses and knocking out a wall in each on sand joining them together? like an addition to a house sort of thing... might be a solution of sorts

My plan is to add a large lean to off the top peak of my current set up & take it out 8'. That'll make my addition 6'x8' for a total of 78 sq feet of coop- currently have 30 sq ft in that dog house (plus 60" high at the peak). That'll give me about 3.5 sq ft per chicken for my flock once the littles join the hens & my wellies arrive & join the flock in a couple months. Just cannot get sucked in to any more chicks for a while!!

this is my first coop when I was only going to have 9 chickens, then it was decided that the run was too small and added a larger run
Then chicken math happened and added another coop at the end of the run

We have 2 coops joined with a long covered run and 19 chickens. Some of the chickens have stayed in the coop they started with but some others move around and change coops as they wish. It is very interesting to watch their behavior

this is my first coop when I was only going to have 9 chickens, then it was decided that the run was too small and added a larger run Then chicken math happened and added another coop at the end of the run We have 2 coops joined with a long covered run and 19 chickens. Some of the chickens have stayed in the coop they started with but some others move around and change coops as they wish. It is very interesting to watch their behavior
Very nice set up.

Back
Top Bottom