2 quiet female ducks in California

dishrag

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 12, 2013
$25 each. I am moving and must give up my two medium-size female ducks. They have been fantastic egg producers, but their best quality is how quiet they are. You could keep them in any small suburban backyard without bothering the neighbors. Even when they are expecting food time, they don’t quack loudly.
I got them at age 9 months and they were originally from Metzer. They are now 3 years 2 months old.
1 ancona (white with some mottled black): she is very skittish around people. She lays smaller eggs (about the size of a large chicken egg) but more of them, consistently. Not that into swimming. Eggs laid in 2021: 238, in 2022: 234, in 2023 so far: 116
1 “white layer” hybrid (all white): she is very confident. She lays huge eggs but sometimes they are soft-shelled until she gets back into the rhythm. Loves swimming. Eggs laid in 2021: 204, in 2022: 179, in 2023 so far: 76
Full disclosure: the white layer seems to be sick recently — less active than normal and barely eating. This is why I am only asking for total $50 for both. Ducks are much more resilient than chickens so it’s probably just something temporary. She might just be broody.
You MUST take both because, again, I am moving.

I also have:
30-gallon plastic tub $30
Treadle (step) feeder, which prevents attracting rats or freeloading birds $40
Remaining feed and oyster shells - free
Simple plywood duck house / coop. (You’ll need to add a tarp or some other water-proof roof topping) - free!

Cash only, pick up in Santa Cruz, CA
IMG_8601.jpeg
IMG_8602.jpeg

IMG_8596.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8596.jpeg
    IMG_8596.jpeg
    935.6 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom