2 week old chick with eye discharge

Apr 2, 2023
Hi everyone I have noticed in one of my two week old chicks eye discharge coming out of his eye I am really worried and scared please can someone help
AA91FD03-9FD2-4DBE-B12E-F06FC9352181.jpeg
1B6B4C5A-1413-4282-AE38-860D567C6FAF.jpeg

I would use a warm wet wash cloth wry out as a warm compress to the eye for a few minutes while holding the chick. Then gently wipe away the crusty drainage. Saline eye wash can be good to irrigate the eye, and then use some Terramycin eye ointment in the eye twice a day. Plain Triple Antibiotic Ointment can be substituted if you cannot find Terramycin in your feed store. Could the chick have a respiratory disease such as mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) or do you think it was pecked in the eye by another chick?

I would use a warm wet wash cloth wry out as a warm compress to the eye for a few minutes while holding the chick. Then gently wipe away the crusty drainage. Saline eye wash can be good to irrigate the eye, and then use some Terramycin eye ointment in the eye twice a day. Plain Triple Antibiotic Ointment can be substituted if you cannot find Terramycin in your feed store. Could the chick have a respiratory disease such as mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) or do you think it was pecked in the eye by another chick?
I am not sure
but I will wash out the eye

Back
Top Bottom