2 week old chicks.

Dedi N

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2016
Canyon Lake
First time with little baby chicks. I have what I think are 6 hens and a rooster. They are two weeks old and all are eating and pooping well and are very interactive. I lost my flock last year to Marek's and the vet suggested I get hatchlings and have them vaccinated which I have done. I'm real nervous after last years drama but I have noticed something about two of my little bared rock hens. I gave 2 RIR and 3 Buffs and the barred rocks. Both of them have what appears to be an option mbicsl cord stump still attached. It appears to be dry and the vent is above it and clear and doesn't se to be affecting the chicks st all. All the threads I have read say it will fall off in a day or two or they talk about a bukgubg sack type of thing which I have neither. Is this a dried cord for sure and willbit fall off. It never really appears to change and it doesn't seem to be botheringvyhe birds. One us dig larger than the other but we are talking about 1/4" and dried cord like. Can clearly see the vent above.

welcome-byc.gif

A picture would be helpful, if you can post one.

If it helps the other ines is about half that size. Both of them have been just like that from day one. Poss a little drier but no change in size or anything. I'll try for a better picture.

Back
Top Bottom