2 year old trains (pictures please)

20 months old. Maybe it's genetics too? I don't free range and we only get about 3 months of summer and cold winters...it's -20 now!

Genetics does play a role i had 3 from the same hatch every one of them got 1 huge eye feather and a few dinky ones in their second year and this year the 2 i still have have a nice big train.

I will see if i can locate the huge and dinky photos it is funny as all get out.

I was hoping for a white peacock but my dreams were shattered. :/ But I"m still happy with my Princess.
Too bad we don't live closer, I could hook you up! I've got 8 of these boys now.:love
I must have fallen on my head because I forgot that I have a solid white peacock. :lau I had one that hatched last year. My last 3 peas that hatched last year were all solid white. I had a TOO good of a year of white peas. :barnie Anyway, I kept 3 of them because I knew that at least 1 was going to be a male. Well, lo and behold, I was out in the yard a few weekends ago and the male fanned for me and he fanned again for me this weekend and I thought about this thread. At first, I was delusional when I saw him fan because I was delusional last year when I had been thinking for an entire year that my Prince was a male. But then the experts on this thread set me straight and told me that my Prince was a Princess. How could I have missed that? :lau Because I was in denial. Anyway, so yes, I do have a solid white PEACOCK!!!!!! :weee He is Princess' brother. But no fertile eggs for a couple years though but I"m ok with that. ;)

I have two boys from last year, the one that hatched in June has a pretty nice train, but the one that hatched in August has almost nothing.

-Kathy

This is Master last year , he turned 3 after he molted this train.

This is him yesterday

All the peas in this photo are 17 months old except the one to the upper right with his back to camera he will be 3 in August of this year.

16 month old peacock with hens

these 2 hatched in Aug 2011

I am confused by this 4th photo of this 17-month-old peacock with full train feathers...when its date of hatch ??? I thought peacock do not have fully adult trail feathers until 3 year old.

How this 17-month-old peacock get such fully train feathers ???

[/IMG]
Snow at 3 years

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom