2011 What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & WebSite?

hahaha.... I even got a PM with one of the answers from one member. Things get a bit nutty during that contest.
big_smile.png

Not sure if I am going at it the wrong way but to clean up and delete some of the posts I have subscribed to takes a long time. I go to my subscribed posts then go to the post I want to unsubscribe from, click on the unsubscribe link then use my browser back button to continue to unsubscribe other posts. I was thinking if BYC could add a box to each post on the subscribed posts page that you can simply check off to unsubscribe to the link.

I would like to see a "search" features that searches just one section of the forum.

For example, if I go to the "Breeds and Genetics" section of the forum and do a search, perhaps I would only like to search that section. Can the search parameters be refined to do that?

I was cleaning out my PM's this morning (and yes, I know you can delete multiple messages). But what would have made it simpler was if, rather than having to open the message to review it, you could hover over the message title, and get a preview pane of just the first couple of lines. Or is this option available somewhere in my profile and I've missed it?

But of course, I don't clean out my messages that often, so it's definitely not at the top of my priority list. Those would still have to be:

1) Folders for our Uploaded Pics, and
2) Search Function within Threads

Thanx again to Nifty and the Staff for listening and for all you do!
thumbsup.gif

Maybe we could have a feature that you can find under profile or something where there could be a list of all oyur subscribed topics and you can unsubscribe from them there instead of tracking them all down.

What would be great is if on an auction if it would have a running countdown during the last 5 or 10 minutes of the auction. That way you don't have to keep refreshing the page.

And a button you can hit to "watch" the auction, like some other auction sites have.

Last edited:
Hi!
What about if a new post doesn't 'move down the page' / 'stays at the top' until it gets a reply?
Not forever, but 24 hrs or so, to give it a chance to get a response before it moves down the page into oblivion.
I think that might give new questions a chance to get answered before they get lost in chatter and buried with no answer.
Would that be difficult?
smile.png

Lisa

Lisa, that's an interesting idea and the timing is also good since I was just checking out the Show unanswered posts at the bottom right of the BYC index page.

Because of the sheer number of new topics every day it would be difficult to keep the unanswered ones at the top of the page... pretty soon all the posts in each section might only be the unanswered ones.

Maybe we need to do a better job of pointing peeps to the "unanswered posts" link. We did improve that link recently when we removed all the Buy Sell Auction listings from it.

Back
Top Bottom