2011 What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & WebSite?

ray's two cents :

I would really like it if I could search for how many posts I have on a certain thread (a really long one, for instance)
Would anyone know how I do that, or doesn't the feature exist yet?

ray...,

This is post #195, just a few back, from terrielacy

So rather than me searching for my own post on "bantam houdan rooster" and having 10,000 posts come up with 5,000 topics--I'd like a better way to go right to the specific post about that--rather than an entire thread with thousands of other posts....

If you are looking for a post you made on the "bantam houdan rooster", you put your username in the author search field. THen change the drop down at the bottom to "posts" instead of "topics". Then all your own posts in that thread will come up in the search.

Imp​

Quote:
ray...,

This is post #195, just a few back, from terrielacy

So rather than me searching for my own post on "bantam houdan rooster" and having 10,000 posts come up with 5,000 topics--I'd like a better way to go right to the specific post about that--rather than an entire thread with thousands of other posts....

If you are looking for a post you made on the "bantam houdan rooster", you put your username in the author search field. THen change the drop down at the bottom to "posts" instead of "topics". Then all your own posts in that thread will come up in the search.

Imp​

Thanks.
I tried that one, and it came up with a grand total of five posts, none of which were made on that thread... Hmm. I'll have another fiddle around.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom