2011 What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & WebSite?

Quote:
I want to say that I think you all are doing a great job keeping this site running smoothly and easily. It's my home away from home and I can always count on it to be user friendly, easy to maneuver and logical. This is not the case with many sites. I enjoy BYC so much more because the technical things are magically taken care of behind the scenes which makes my experience sooooo comfortable.

Last edited:
Great job with the site!

1) I would also like a "like" button
big_smile.png

2) On another site I look at (for work:( ) each state is listed individually in the index section - red symbol next to state means new posts, in parenthesis is # of posts.

3) Perhaps a database of what each breed looks like as chicks 1st wk, 2nd wk etc... - both male and female

Thanks again for a great site.

I would help out with the chicken progression project. But only if I got to have one of each of the chicks sent to me
big_smile.png
(ok, DH would kill me ) Seriously though, I would take that on.

Quote:
A) One chick from EVERY breed, both Bantam and LF, AND also from EVERY APA/ABA recognized Color Variety for the particular breed.
How many is that?

B) Now add one chick from every breed, both Bantam and LF, for all the non-recognized Color Varieties for each particular breed.
How many is that?

C) Now add in one chick for every chick in both A and B above where the male and female chicks look different and can be sexed at hatch.
How many is that?

What is the sum of A + B + C?

1) I dont really expect to have one of each gender from each kind of chicken ever born.

2) I think this would be a very volunteer based - submit pictures - take it all as examples of what each breed could look like at particular stages -dont bet the farm on it - project.

Look, I am new at this, and like every other beginner who went to TSC and got the mystery pullets I posted a "what am I". I also spent a lot of time Googling each breed and looking at pictures of them as wee ones. I dont expect a comprehensive database, just something that some of us could look at as a guide. I think this could also help with age/sexing questions.

Back
Top Bottom