2012 ... hype or possibility? NOT A DOOMSDAY RANT!

Quote:
smile.png
It "ends" because it's made like a gear inside a wheel. The wheel goes around and at some point, there's no more tomorrows. Loosely like if you made a calendar out of a loop of paper. Sure, there are days, past the end, but they are no longer accurate. You just need to make another calendar.

Yes. I have seen the large one at the museum in Mexico City. But thank you for the explanation.

Their is alot we do not know about their calendars but the belief that it signals some cataclysmic event to change our world, I just dont believe it. I believe their calendar was based upon their animistic religious beliefs in the cycles of life and they didnt bother to make one to last for eternity.
What Wdotte TX said so much better than I did!

CONSPIRACY! Lets all panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink.png

Last edited:
I have a calendar in my classroom also haha.
A lot of the belief in what the Mayans predicted come from a misguided mysticism that alot of people held of the Mayan civilization when it was first studied in detail. Like many things people just picked from it the things they thought were best and never really told the entire story.
I love reading about the Mayans and Aztecs, they were amazingly sophisticate in so many ways but yet so brutal in others. I just got through reading Conquistadors by Michael Wood. A great read about the clash of civilizations. It is amazing that a society like the Aztecs which had existed in some form for several hundred years could be wiped out in two years by deceit and disease. The Mayans by the time the Spanish arrived had declined, most agree from their own prosperity. Most scholars believe the Mayans had grown so large and couldnt sustain themselves with enough food stores and clean water for their civilization. That is why most of the large cities like Kul kul kan and Tikal had been abanonded for many years before the Spanish came. That is not to say that the Spanish didnt have encounters with Mayan remnants in the jungles of the Yucatan, Guatamala and what is now Central America.
And yes, if you were wondering I am a giant dork haha. My wife calls me Rain Man and it fits....

Quote:
20 million in question unemployment benefits ended?

Who are 250 million? Why 7/29? BTW, that's my wedding anniversary date. ?

Quote:

Well, shoot! Maybe thats why!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for the info! I couldn't have said it half so well.

I don't believe the world will end, but just in case, I'm not going to quit smoking until January 1, 2013.

Doomsday of 2012? Maybe that one will get me, I’ve already survived several apocalypses.

Y2K, both the computer projected failure and the 2nd coming.
Planets Alignment, causing massive earthquakes and orbit permutations.
Tornados, Hurricanes, and lighting strikes.
The bird flu pandemic. The Hong Kong, Swine flu, SARs, etc.
The cold war nuclear holocaust, peak oil, and the financial collapse.
Coming in past parents curfew at 16 years old—that one nearly killed me.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

It seems like there is always something about to destroy life as we know it. The last one really did make me LOL.

Last edited:
LOL Yah I forgot about all of the Pandemics! yup Swine Flu, SARS, omg now the whooping cough is back... just makes me wanna spear frogs with my nose. I say, never hurts to be prepared to a certain degree, but I'd rather get a tractor than build a bunker... seems much more functional...

Quote:

OooooooooooooK....
wink.png

July 29th is when Arizona's immigration law goes into effect. 75% of polled American Citizens are against Amnesty and Open Borders so 330million x .75 is about 250million if the average is true(can't remember where I saw this poll otherwise I'd cite it) and our current folks in Washington are flat out ignoring the wishes of the people. The 20 million represents the known illegals ATM. I think in one month, the government is going to do something stupid. I think Somebody from 3 different sides... Washington's, The Federales, or the Militia's will take a shot, and it'll turn into a bloody war. Washington will find out how far they've strayed from the people's wishes when a full blown civil war breaks out, martial law is imposed across the land, food and race riots start running rampant, the power grid starts going down and the only folks who live through the first wave of death and destruction are either prepared for anything, or sheer dumb luck.

2nd wave of death will come from the rioting, gangs looting and killing somebody for the food or possessions they have

3rd wave of death is from pestilence and disease. With power and sanitation services down only survivors will once again be measured by who is prepared and dumb luck. That's why whenever a natural disaster like tornado's, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes knock everything out, are you prepared?

Now imagine it started because it wasn't a natural occurrence... Imagine it was because there is an imaginary line that runs through the middle of a river. Imagine that folks for hundreds of years have always crossed that river for work on a seasonal basis... Its hotter down south, so move north for the cooler half of the year. Sort of a nomadic existance.. but it works. now imagine the crowd on the north side of the river decides they don't want you over there anymore for whatever reason. You've always done it, knew it wasn't kosher, but hey, nobody's ever stopped you before. You'd be a bit peeved as well
smile.png
I can see all sides of this issue but honestly I tried to keep the politics out of this response
smile.png

By the way, I'm only typing this because my treasure troll told me it was the prudent thing to do. Keep lots of TP handy folks! Remember to kiss your squirrels!

Back
Top Bottom