2012 Marans Breeder Thread !!!!

Hello. I'm in Virginia and have the Wheaten variety. I'll finally be hatching some of my own this spring instead of shipped eggs/chicks. Should be an adventure!

Okay fellow marans lovers I have added the new names
big_smile.png
, pm me or post on here to let me know about any mistakes or suggestions
big_smile.png

God bless,
Tyler.

I have a very small flock, one Copper Blue cockerel, two copper blue hens, and two copper black hens. They are from Bev Davis line, no new genetics introduced, three generations of my own breeding choices. They tend to be better than average layers, compared to other marans. The egg color is acceptable, but not spectacular. Egg size is large+. Great meat qualities in carcasses of both hens and roos. Roos are gentle and non agressive. Toe feathering is usually correct. Sometiems a few sprigs on middle toes. Have never had a clean legged one pop up ever from this line. Sometimes combs are a little floppy. Blue usually develops white faults over time. Right now, you can see a dab of white on the roo's left wing flights. I bet by the time they are three, they will have some in the tails and wing tips though... They occasionally go broody, but not very often and not all at once. They are pretty good utility birds with the bonus of darker eggs. I don't start shipping until usually March for best resuts.
8084_12blueroo.jpg

8084_12bluehen1.jpg

8084_12bluehen2.jpg

8084_12blackhen1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all!
frow.gif
I am in Pennsylvania and have French Black copper and blue marans (still working on my blues as they occasionally throw a blue birchen and I'm trying to fix this....or isolate it. Whichever lol)

Hello!
We are in Southern California and have:
French Black and Black Coppers
French Blue Coppers
French Splashes

Comeing Soon
French Wheaten
French Black and Blue Birchens

our website is still being worked on, but is chickenstars.com

Our original flock comes from Presley, Wade Jean and some birds directly from Bev Davis lines. Super friendly with decent size/egg color. I can try to post pictures later.

Also working on our Silkies, Lavender Orpingtons, have Lemon Cuckoo Orpington pairs available, Jersey Giants available, D'Uccles and Bantam Cochins

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom