2012 Waterfowl Breeders Directory

I have the following breeds of ducks that I will be separating and selling hatching eggs and ducklings from:
Khaki Campbell
Welsh Harlequin
Cayuga
Pekin (regular and jumbo together)
Blue swedish (possibility of crests)
Fawn and white runner
Ancona

does anyone in ohio have any baby ducks,
if so pm me .
i am trying to find a few but don't want the go hatchery route or ship them .

So what happens if you buy frm someone who is not NPIP.. We aren't and i just found out alabama did away with it because they were losing so much money on it and also because whatever they test for there hasn't been an outbreak ever in alabama.. of course I hear this all from chicken farmers

once breeding season is over for the ducks are are going to get approved. Just seems like such a hastle the first time with so many birds and all of my birds came from those who have it.

Last edited:
I have never been added from my posy 4 weeks ago

Up Date to add Wood Ducks- normal, Split Silver, and Silver(what should hatch from a pr of Split Silver Wood Ducks)

Kanga if you are NPIP you are not supposed to get birds from non NPIP stock or you loose your NPIP status

A small qualification: you can get birds from a non-NPIP source, but the new birds have to be tested before you bring them onto your property. Or you can bring them home and get your entire flock retested.

Needless to say, it's a lot easier to not buy from sources who aren't NPIP.

I just wanted to note that I've separated out my Saxonys into their breeding pens and should have hatching eggs available after the first of April. I'll be out of town until then, but that should give them plenty of time to be sure they are pure.

I did get a spotty drake, finally! but I don't plan to offer Ancona eggs this year, I'm waiting to raise a few and make sure I'm producing the quality and uniformity that I'd want to sell first. I might be getting a pair of Welsh Harlequins this weekend, but I'm waiting to see how good they are too. :)

I just wanted to note that I've separated out my Saxonys into their breeding pens and should have hatching eggs available after the first of April. I'll be out of town until then, but that should give them plenty of time to be sure they are pure.

I did get a spotty drake, finally! but I don't plan to offer Ancona eggs this year, I'm waiting to raise a few and make sure I'm producing the quality and uniformity that I'd want to sell first. I might be getting a pair of Welsh Harlequins this weekend, but I'm waiting to see how good they are too. :)

Let me know if you are still getting eggs from me.... I don't have any ancona eggs avalible, but I got a WH egg the other day. Slyesterday to be exact, and another today. I put the first in the bator se if its fertile....

Back
Top Bottom