2012 Waterfowl Breeders Directory

Texas has it's own testing thing and I haven't found anything about getting NPIP in texas... I'm sure it's available but I don't know how or anything else about it. ( I do know to sell birds <anywhere that's not on your own property> you have to be tested by the state... that's free but to get the card you need to go off property to sell that starts at 25 bucks. (depends on the number of birds you have.)

Texas has it's own testing thing and I haven't found anything about getting NPIP in texas... I'm sure it's available but I don't know how or anything else about it. ( I do know to sell birds <anywhere that's not on your own property> you have to be tested by the state... that's free but to get the card you need to go off property to sell that starts at 25 bucks. (depends on the number of birds you have.)

In order to get NPIP certified, simply call the the State Veterinarian Diagnostic Lab which is attached to Texas A&M. It's free to get certified.
The site inspection by the State IS free and the offsites sales permit is $25(you already knew that, though).
In order to show, you do have to get NPIP certified.
It's really easy and everyone should do it. :)

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the welcome Miss Lydia.

Thanks for the info Easttxchick... I had people telling me it was gonna be a couple of hundred buck for NPIP in Texas. What area of east tx are u in? (don't have to be specific) I'm in the Carthage Marshall area.

We no longer have any Call ducks for sale. The entire breeding collection has been sold with final birds shipping tomorrow (Monday).

We no longer offer Rouen or Buffs, both flocks have been bought locally.

Large Fowl ducks:

Khaki Cambell
Silver Appleyard
French white scovy

Geese:
Sebastopol (fall waiting list, all hatchlings will be retained and grown out beginning April1)

[[[[.......I had people telling me it was gonna be a couple of hundred buck for NPIP in Texas....]]]]]

I suggest that you check with the agency that issues the NPIP certification. Because I really doubt that any state is a couple hundred dollars,. Many states are completely free.

Oregon is one of the expensive ones and it cost me $53. $25 to register for the program $25 for mileage to get the inspector out, because I am a long way from the closest inspector, and the other $3 was the actual cost of testing all my birds. AI testing is 100% free in Oregon, no mileage fee, no fee for anything.

I sell Call ducks when and if I have them available; also sometimes have eggs available. Right now I don't have anything but you can feel free to add me to the list.

The colors I have are:

White
Gray
Butterscotch
Chocolate
Silver Appleyard
Snowy
Khaki
Blue Fawn
Self Black
Blue Fawn Pied
Gray Pied

I also have self-blue and blue bibbed, and while these have produced, they are sporadic at best; have also produced some black bibbed. All Call ducks used for breeding except for a very select few have shown and placed, many going National or Reserve National Champion, BB, RB, BV or RV, some multiple times.

I will have started Butterscotch Calls to ship in September. I am hatching now and taking deposits to hold your place in line. Top quality Foley/Fuller lines, first to pay gets first pick. :)

Back
Top Bottom